Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a restaurant in London

Options
  • 16-02-2011 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a place to eat in London please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Petite Treats

Hi,

There are so many! To narrow it down a little are you looking for casual or fine dining? Also, what part of London will you be in?

www.happycow.net is good for a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭Trampas

staying over in kensington area but everywhere is close on tube.

fine dining without breaking the bank if you follow.

value for money also. like to be feed also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Ate here a few years back http://www.thegate.tv/web/index.asp - 'twas very nice indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I put up a review of some of the places I went to in London here. See posts 52 and 53 in this thread. I would highly recommend Tibits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Food for Thought in Covent Garden. Despite the locatioin it's mad cheap by London standards, and the food is gorgeous. Get there early though, there's always a queue before they open and the place is always packed!

Edit: 31 Neal St. to be exact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Saf in Shoreditch was fantastic for vegan food. A little pricey, we paid £50 for starters and mains for 2, but worth it for the quality of the food IMO.

They also seem to have a place in Kensington, which I've only just noticed and which would have involved a heck of a lot less panic and running around London trying to get to a theatre on time the night I went... D'oh! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

If you need some lunch and you're in the Soho area check out Hummus Bros http://www.hbros.co.uk/ Well priced and delicious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you like Thai, Thai Square, just off of Trafalgar Sq. is so good. Not too cheap, but definitely worth it. The lamb shank in massaman curry is beautiful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

It seems we have a stray post here. Recommendations for vegetarian food please, it being the vegan and vegetarian forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Awh crap. Sorry about that, I thought it was just food & drink this had been posted in to.

My apologies. Thai Square still has some great vegetarian options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement