Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINAL GSL Session + Meal [Everyone welcome] - Feb 19th

Options
  • 14-02-2011 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the final Glacial Super League session. And of course, with that comes the opportunity to head out for dinner...Going to suggest Texas SteakHouse again as it went down well the last time - though everyone is welcome to weigh in with an opinion, and of course go...

Even if you have not participated in a session this season, you are more than welcome to come. €8 for many games against a range of characters, skill level, banter and the chance to win a Street Fighter DVD collection (raffle - ticket paid for by entry). And of course, dinner after!

First and second place are pretty much sealed - bar something completely unexpected occuring. The race is on for third. Generic_name (should he be off work!) has to make up a bit of ground, but he is more than capable of doing so.

Important Info:
    Moviedrome is the venue once again. From 1-4 on Saturday 19 February, 2011.

Cost & Prize:
    Once again, each session will cost €8. €1 of this goes into a travel and entry fund for Inferno (March) while €2 goes into a prize pot for 1st-3rd. Entry also gets you a ticket for the raffle (for the Street Fighter movie collection). The winner of the session will win a bag of glacial mints.

2nd: 12
    3rd: 10
    4th: 8
    5th-8th: 6
    9th-16th: 3
    17th-xth: 1

Current Leaderboard (after 5 sessions):
    1st: D4RK ONION - 72 points (+15)
    2nd: FutureGuy - 61 points (+12)
    =3rd: Burning Eclipse - 38 points (+8)
    =3rd: Sabre0001 - 38 points (+10)
    5th: Generic_name - 32 points
    6th: Mr. K - 24 points (+6)
    7th: Misty Chaos - 14 points
    8th: Chris - 6 points
    9th: Hotaru - 3 points

🤪

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sabre0001 wrote: »

I'd love to come down for this but I will be in Cannes.

I was there for the last one too (mmm, steak).

You've all levelled up too, would of been good to see who'd own me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

And you know the steak you get in France won't be the same! Always the danger that it starts eating the side salad for you...

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Onion *just* texted me to say he cannot make it as he is teaching class that Saturday. Yes, that will do. That means I win sice he forfeits by having the gall to miss the dinner. Can I have my money later today Sabre plz k tks.

Well now, there's the unexpected occuring!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I thought this was going to be Saturday the 19th?! Meh, I should be there anyway!

The battle for 3rd looks like it could be intense!!

• Advertisement

Whoops - unable to read calendar! Yes, it's this weekend - 19th

🤪

Aha, this changes everything. Doom will no longer be in Cannes and Onion should might be free the 19th!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Time frames a little short and I am aldready doing MvC stuff this weekend but I'll try.

I'd DEFFO like to come down though if my presence would insert a feline among some Columba livia domestica.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Shall be there repping my Super skr.... Hakan! Should have enough money for steak too! Mmm delicious delicious steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

DooM if you're getting the train down, I'll head down too. We have to stay for steaks though.

• Advertisement

Time frames a little short and I am aldready doing MvC stuff this weekend but I'll try.

I'd DEFFO like to come down though if my presence would insert a feline among some Columba livia domestica.
    DooM if you're getting the train down, I'll head down too. We have to stay for steaks though.

Oooohhh... Let's get some momentum behind this! Maybe get a few more interested?! Last time I bribed Doom and Orim with the promise of a pint, but I'm no longer that flush with cash.

Shall be there repping my Super skr.... Hakan! Should have enough money for steak too! Mmm delicious delicious steak.

Just don't try any assists, air combos or X-Factor cancels and we're all good :pac:

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bring it the fcuk on.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Doom, Chopper, I'll come down with ye too. To collect my money like :P

Things shaping up nicely...after the earlier howler...

For those interested (assuming all parties attend), for 1st place to change hands, FutureGuy needs to win with D4RK ONION finishing 8th.

In the race for 3rd, Burning Eclipse just has to finish ahead of myself and vice versa - Generic has the more challenging prospect: He must finish in top 3 (if there are more than 8 competitors and the two mentioned above fall to the bottom). Realistically, he will be targeting top 2. If he wins, a fellow challenger must finish 2nd or 3rd.

If he finishes 2nd, and Burning Eclipse and I both end up 5th-8th, it's a three way tie and everyone earns.......the EURO OF CHAMPIONS! :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Its times like this i want to quit my job.... For steak obviously not that stupid game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ack, was going to come down to this on the incorrect date that was posted, but I can't do it this Saturday.

Steak sounds awesome though.

Got all hyped and was all "F**k mvc3 this week, time to oil up" until you mentioned its just a euro... Change that title to the EURO OF CHAMPIONS and it'll be serious business!

Ack, was going to come down to this on the incorrect date that was posted, but I can't do it this Saturday.

Steak sounds awesome though.

Damn, sorry! Next season :)
    Got all hyped and was all "F**k mvc3 this week, time to oil up" until you mentioned its just a euro... Change that title to the EURO OF CHAMPIONS and it'll be serious business!

Done! It's on now

🤪

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Getting up at 8 for this, you guys better appreciate me coming from Dublin to not come 8th!

• Advertisement

Can you guys feel the hype?

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Current Leaderboard (after 5 sessions):
    1st: D4RK ONION - 72 points (+15)
    2nd: FutureGuy - 61 points (+12)
    =3rd: Burning Eclipse - 38 points (+8)
    =3rd: Sabre0001 - 38 points (+10)
    5th: Generic_name - 32 points

All done now. Generic_name wins his first session of the season. And did enough to claim third in the overall standings! Thanks to all who made it an enjoyable season.

Final Points Standing:
    1st: D4RK ONION - 84 points (+12)
    2nd: FutureGuy - 71 points (+10)
    3rd: Generic_name - 47 points (+15)
    4th: Sabre0001 - 46 points (+8)
    5th: Burning Eclipse - 44 points (+6)

🤪

GGs to all played! Ye said I couldnt do it but I oiled, I slid and I seriously'd my way to become the 1st ever.... euro1.jpg

EURO OF CHAMPIONS BABY!

That's supposed to have your face on it!

🤪

Too tired after the steak and sundae for all that... Feel free to do it on my behalf! As league organiser, its up to you to generate hype!

Advertisement