Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Aglomerado wrote: »
    This property near where I grew up comes with its very own private chapel. I'd always wanted to see inside! :)

E588_ADB2-914_C-40_CE-929_F-2_FBB4088_D7_DB.jpg

Near enough.

201_DD118-_B504-47_D6-8_DB1-_F6_BC869_E11_A3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

redbel05 wrote: »
    Reminds me very much of what Solis Lough Eske castle looked like before it was turned into a hotel. Used to be one of my favourite places to explore when I was small :)

They let me look round that place way back. Did not know it before it was a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

That would make a great wedding venue. Close to the airport, church on site. Loads of grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

That would make a great wedding venue. Close to the airport, church on site. Loads of grounds.

Just the money to get it up to scratch.... sends shivers down the spine.

If I ever win the jackpot, I'll get something like that and will indeed make a venue out of it, who's in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

so much potential alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

LirW wrote: »
    If I ever win the jackpot, I'll get something like that and will indeed make a venue out of it, who's in?

If you ever win the jackpot, i'm in!

This wee house makes me sad. I wanted to rent it a few years back; see the first site

http://www.daft.ie/mayo/houses-for-sale/castlebar/derreens-ross-castlebar-comayo-castlebar-mayo-606486/

A while later and it has deteriorated badly..

http://www.daft.ie/mayo/houses-for-sale/pontoon/derreens-ross-pontoon-mayo-1227674/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Graces7 wrote: »
    This wee house makes me sad. I wanted to rent it a few years back; see the first site

http://www.daft.ie/mayo/houses-for-sale/castlebar/derreens-ross-castlebar-comayo-castlebar-mayo-606486/

A while later and it has deteriorated badly..

http://www.daft.ie/mayo/houses-for-sale/pontoon/derreens-ross-pontoon-mayo-1227674/

"Olde Worlde Cottage" estate agent speak for old and draughty. :rolleyes:

It looks pretty solid though with very little evidence of damp inside.
    First listed at €99,000 though. I think someone had a little bit too much confidence in it's olde worlde charm.

Mollyb60 wrote: »

First listed at €99,000 though. I think someone had a little bit too much confidence in it's olde worlde charm.

Simples, buy, get Dermot Bannon for a make-over, put fairy lights everywhere, compete in Home of the year, win home of the year, sell for 15 times of the original price.

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Yes it was although marked down,, Strong structure which is what matters. Would have loved it there...

• Advertisement

Simples, buy, get Dermot Bannon for a make-over, put fairy lights everywhere, compete in Home of the year, win home of the year, sell for 15 times of the original price.

Dreadful dreadful thought!Perfect as it was,, sweet and simple.

WE ARE ABOUT TO HIT 10,000 posts!..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Page 666

Dreadful dreadful thought!Perfect as it was,, sweet and simple.

In fairness though, if a single person brings it up to standard with a few modern twists and maybe connects the cottage with the other building, you could have a stunning place there.

On Room to Improve in the episode with the sisters and their mother in Portrane they went to Kerry to this renovated cottage, which in fairness was incredibly beautiful.

In fairness though, if a single person brings it up to standard with a few modern twists and maybe connects the cottage with the other building, you could have a stunning place there.

On Room to Improve in the episode with the sisters and their mother in Portrane they went to Kerry to this renovated cottage, which in fairness was incredibly beautiful.

Ah I know. But I am poor and live very simply and love it as it is .. Modern twists are sacrilege! And stunning? No thank you!

For me it is up to standard already...

I hope you have tough skin, winter might be a bit rough :P

I hope you have tough skin, winter might be a bit rough :P

Have lived in far worse than that would be.. Those walls insulate amazingly in all weathers ...A good fireplace..I never use oil or electric heating. Old ways are good ways

But dream on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Have lived in far worse than that would be.. Those walls insulate amazingly in all weathers ...A good fireplace..I never use oil or electric heating. Old ways are good ways

But dream on!

Bear Grylls over here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

But dream on!

That fireplace will fill your house with smoke, it doesn't have a proper vent and probably not even piping and insulation. The heat will go up, unlike the smoke, and you have to huddle directly in front of that fireplace to get some warmth. And then there is the danger of a chimney fire if it's not lined and insulated. Not to mention the dampness that creeps up in a badly "heated" house.

I know what I'm talking about, I restored and refurbished an old cottage. It's still a work in progress, though, but at least all the essentials are done (including piping and lining the fireplace and having central oil heating plus double glazing). The old ways aren't always good ways.

Carry wrote: »
    That fireplace will fill your house with smoke, it doesn't have a proper vent and probably not even piping and insulation. The heat will go up, unlike the smoke, and you have to huddle directly in front of that fireplace to get some warmth. And then there is the danger of a chimney fire if it's not lined and insulated. Not to mention the dampness that creeps up in a badly "heated" house.

I know what I'm talking about, I restored and refurbished an old cottage. It's still a work in progress, though, but at least all the essentials are done (including piping and lining the fireplace and having central oil heating plus double glazing). The old ways aren't always good ways.

You do it your way and I mine and knowing how to manage that fire is a part of it. Love that wee house as it is but no chance. Yours cottage may be different. I would live there as is as I have done years before. As they did way back too.... nesh you are... out of touch!

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    Page 666

But Friday 13th is past so could be worse!

Carry wrote: »

The difference s that I am not seeking modern ideas. What you call "essentials" are out of keeping with the cottage.And are luxuries to me. I hate central heating etc.
    So the cottage as long as it has water and power is perfect as it is for me. A good fire is easy enough and the door changes the air. That is how i have lived and how I seek to live. A good life, growing all I can. Away with renovations! sacrilege! lol...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

MOD: Can we try to keep the thread on topic please? Funny Houses/Flats to rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Spotted on broadsheet.ie

180k for a shed in celbridge

we are through the looking glass people.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

retalivity wrote: »
    Spotted on broadsheet.ie

The old woman who lived in a shoe would consider that tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

retalivity wrote: »
    Spotted on broadsheet.ie

Sweetest Lord God above in heaven and all the holy saints!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Sweetest Lord God above in heaven and all the holy saints!

They would never fit in there!

It looks like the "property" was once a detached garage that has been converted and parceled off. Are real houses very expensive in that area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Tiny TV or giant toilet? :pac:

51e4e582-2fb8-43ac-801d-8cd7a1561218_l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Tiny TV or giant toilet? :pac:

51e4e582-2fb8-43ac-801d-8cd7a1561218_l.jpg

I'd say photography tricks, if you look at the tiled areas in the different photographs they look different.

It's gonna take a lot more than a clever photographer before that place makes 180,000 euro.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

I'd say photography tricks, if you look at the tiled areas in the different photographs they look different.

It's gonna take a lot more than a clever photographer before that place makes 180,000 euro.

I think this was an property owned by an older person who has passed & family are selling it. I guess the real tv has been taken already by a family member...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement