Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian hot dogs at Ikea restaurant

Options
  • 03-02-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    I was in Ikea some time ago, and as I was leaving, I noticed a sign saying "vegetarian hot dogs" at the small restaurant (more like a counter!) in the garage area (not the main restaurant). As I was in a hurry, I didn't have time to stop and check this. Does anybody know about them? Are they really vegetarian, or even suitable for vegans?
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

they're definitely vegetarian, i think they're quorn so unlikely to be vegan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Are they the regular quorn sausages or actual hot dog substitutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

hot dog replacements unfortunately - bit like the old tesco veggie hot dogs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not unfortunate at all, I LOVE those! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

hot dog replacements unfortunately - bit like the old tesco veggie hot dogs.

I love the Tesco/Sainsbury veggie hot dogs but really do not like the Ikea ones. They are fatter and a different colour a grey/white, I was very disappointed my sisters loved them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Are they the regular quorn sausages or actual hot dog substitutes?

I thought they were Quorn Dogs... just regular quorn sausages. Nice in stews chopped up but a bit heavy as hot dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AVL5

Thank you very much for all your replies.
    I have actually sent an email to Ikea now, asking if they can provide a list of their restaurant/bistro options that are suitable for vegetarians and vegans (including ingredients).
    I have sent it to Ikea UK, as it seems impossible to find a contact email on their Irish website!
    I will let you know when I get a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AVL5

FYI - I got the following reply from Ikea:
    Thank you for your email which was passed onto me with regards to your enquiry on our food range in Ireland.

At present we do not offer a specific vegan meal option however, there have been opportunities in our range where it has been available. We are currently in the process of developing an in store Food Facts Kiosk which will enable our customers to find out more about what ingredients are in our products. This we then plan to have available on the Internet also in the future.

As our range menu change frequently, all our stores carry recipe cards and will be able to provide full ingredient details on meals which they have the menu at the time of your visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

They're just regular Quorn sausages boiled in water. for 2 quid inc chips and a drink you can't go wrong!

Advertisement