Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

it's a farmers life

Options
  • 01-02-2011 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

I see there's a new reality 'farming' programme on bbc, just been watching it:D What a laugh! Seems farming is fashionable again, yipeee:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

just watched it, wasnt that bad, considering what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Yer man driving the posts looked like he was gonna have a heart attack!

the fire in the hayshed added a littel drama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

....Sheep wouldn't see that fence as a threat....

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

My sheep would stay inside it for a while, they'd be on their back laughing at it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

johngalway wrote: »
    ....Sheep wouldn't see that fence as a threat....

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

My sheep would stay inside it for a while, they'd be on their back laughing at it :D
    Yeah the grass was nearly strong enough for silage. Even my fat soft yokes would be out in an hour. I thought the ideas were very funny. There must be a lot of demand for artisan food around there:rolleyes:. Should be funny next week when they realise the animal has to die to give the meat and it doesnt actually drop off into a plate and regrow again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

did anyone see the final last night?

The Geordie couple Ray and Jayne won, was hoping the older couple Ian And Sue would get it but they're performance in the final tasks were poor.

My biggest gripe is the prize > a 25 acre farm for a year..what good is that..surely it'll take several years to make a substanial profit from a farm that size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

fryup wrote: »
    did anyone see the final last night?

The Geordie couple Ray and Jayne won, was hoping the older couple Ian And Sue would get it but they're performance in the final tasks were poor.

My biggest gripe is the prize > a 25 acre farm for a year..what good is that..surely it'll take several years to make a substanial profit from a farm that size.

got fed up with it after the second eposide.

thought they won the 25ac farm and would be financially supported for the first year till they got it up and running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah I liked it. I did want the older couple to win though, I thought the couple that won as lovely as they were, seemed completely clueless and I can't see them succeeding at farming life.

Advertisement