Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentine's recipe suggestions

Options
  • 31-01-2011 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

I am going to cook the missus a nice vegetarian meal for Valentine's.

Any recipe recommendations on a starter, main course and desert? A main course with pastry would be good.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Magsybagsy

Hey there,
    I was thinking the same and came across this cupcake recipe :p on another site http://www.eumom.ie/blog/2011/02/03/recipe-of-the-week-valentines-cupcakes/#more-2531

it looks nice and easy and being a huge fan of the 80's myself it got me...still looking for main courses myself as well :)
    Looking forward to the suggestions....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Not a recipe per say-

But what i do a lot of the time is go onto the 'Menu' page of vegetarian restaurants looking for inspriation.. Usually you can pick up good ideas there and do your own takes on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I would happily eat all that ^

I made baileys cheesecake recently and it was so easy and yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Mad Benny's menu looks delicious!

For Valentines dessert, I want to grill a few apricot halves, drizzle on some melted bittersweet chocolate and sprinkle on a few almond slivers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

Wondering how your 3 course meal went, Mad Benny...

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Kiva.D wrote: »
    Wondering how your 3 course meal went, Mad Benny...

It went really well. I picked recipes that didn't take long to prepare. I made the cheese cake on Sunday. I followed all of the recipes to the letter.

The starter was lovely. The grilled halloumi cheese, watermelon and mint went very well together. I would make it again.

The main course took about 10 minutes to prepare. It was my least favourite of the three courses. It tasted nice but the presentation just didn't look as good as the starter. I think I should have added the goats cheese at the very end. It had melted by the time I put it on the plate.

The cheese cake didn't look the same as the photo but was lovely none the less. I would make it again but would add a chocolate coating.

The missus was very impressed! Thanks for the posts.

Advertisement