Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Mountains Let down by fly tipping SCUM

Options
  • 31-01-2011 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

So I had visitors over from the States and wanted to show them the true beautiful Ireland we have here. Yes weve been hit bad financially but hell we still have a dam good country and lots to be positive about.
    I wanted to show them the other side of Ireland, they are all week hearing about the bad position were in economically so i decided to take them away into the mountains.
    All going well went up by Johnny Foxes they were well impressed.
    Until we pulled over to look over a valley. Near that spot where the ice cream truck is parked over looking Dublin. Jumped out of car only to see a beautiful valley. BUT in frount of us was 2 dirty old couches a fridge and loads of dirt. I ask you what sort of TRAMP loads his van with rubbish to go to a pictuesque spot high in the mountains to Dump it to save a few euro. I actually cant comprehend it. So what ever people are involved in this please have some pride. It looks awful especially from a tourists point of view. Have some pride. Please Please Please stop this disgusting practice. Ill never know who you are or what motivates this behaviour but you bloody BAMBOOZLE me.
    One of the tourists joked ( You want your picture taken on the couch, would look like a depeche mode video ):confused:
    Apart from that they loved everything else got some great pictures too was a bit cold though he he :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

It is a shame but the Wicklow/Dublin mountains has been a dumping ground for many years.
    I just think the difference now is that the councils dont have the money to clear it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

It really bugs me as well. I love to go hillwalking. It REALLY annoys me to see rubbish dumped along the mountain roads. I can really understand why the op was ashamed for her visitors to see it.

Advertisement