Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

60th Birthday Present Idea

• 27-01-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Anyone any ideas on what to get a man for a 60th b-day present. Wasn't really going to go for money or vouchers a nice gift though. He's not really into anything only football I think. Also if you know where i could get an inflatable zimmer frame as a joke would be really helpful. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

What sort of budget do you have?

Boards Deals have a Hotel Deal on at the moment, you get a 4 course meal and a nights accommodation, I think everyone appreciates a night away and a change of scenery.

A jersey for his favourite football team.

Newspaper from the day he was born.

A photo collage of his family.

Golf lessons if he's into that at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

What sort of budget do you have?

around €60?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

We got a lovely watch (between 3 of us) as a 60th birthday present. It went down very well and split 3 ways we got a pretty decent one.

If he is into football how about getting him tickets to a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

Hi pampers1,

I bought one of those inflatible zimmer frames just the other day for my mum's retirement next month. I got it in HMV on Grafton Street €12. Hope she sees the funny side! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Looking for gift ideas for my dads 60th birthday. He is a mad Clare hurling fan, also loves Irish music & songs, and is a farmer.

Had thought of a GAA season ticket but all the league matches will be nearly over by his birthday (end April).

He wouldn’t appreciate a voucher for a meal out, or a hotel weekend away, or a holiday, just not that kind of man. Also no real interest in branded clothes, watches, jewellary or anything like that, or any technology, he is a man of simple tastes!

Would love to find something nifty and meaningful to him, just struggling to come up with anything.

Any suggestions very much appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement