Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muslin cloth for rice milk?

Options
  • 26-01-2011 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Maybe not the right thread to post this in but it is related to vegan stuff...

I tried to make my own rice milk with brown rice and it worked out well. Very easy too. Recipes mention using muslin cloth or strainer, I prefer muslin as I hate cleaning strainers. Any ideas where to buy some?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

A decent shop selling material should have some. Like the Dublin Woollen Mills at the Ha'penny Bridge if you are in Dublin city centre (actually, it is even listed on their website). The smaller fabric shops (e.g. a small Hickeys) might have some - just ask. If they don't have any I'm sure they will know somewhere to recommend.

Good to hear your rice milk turned out well! I've never tried making any myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Thanks Sweet Rasmus. I pop into the Woollen Mills regularly but for some reason I never twigged muslin with fabric - all I could think of when I thought of muslin was food - duh!

By the way the recipe I used was http://notecook.com/drinks/how-to-make-your-own-rice-milk/
    I used brown rice and I didn't have vanilla so I used a sprinkle of sugar and a half a teaspoon of mixed spice. The only reason I even tried it was because I had run out of any milk and was too lazy to pop over to the Food Co-Op but had rice sitting in my press.

Advertisement