Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CLOSED] Win a weekend for two at the energy efficient Maryborough Hotel & Spa, Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jhynes2009

I would like to be getting ready for a fabulous dinner with my fabulous boyfriend at the Maryborough Hotel after a day of being pampered in the spa

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

I would like to be in ESB headquarters with the person who runs these competitions getting them in contact with their product.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smart Cookie

Being eco minded - I woudl like to leave the car behind and to book a first class train ticket to Cork City, stopping off in some of Dublin citie's gourmet shops for some gourmet nibbles and Easons for a good book. Perhaps I would pop into Corkscrew for a non alchol :) bottle of wine. Then I would take it all in my stride and board the train to Cork with my better half. We would have a royal adventure on the train - playing childish games and enjoying the countryside as we get further away from the Dublin and the beautiful countryside whizzes past us. We would then hop into a taxi in Cork and make our way to Maryborough Hotel and Spa.

After checking in I would book myself in for a super luxury treatment - massage or the like while he woudl wander around exploring the beautiful house and grounds gathering info that neither of us will use or need. We will then dress smartly for pre-dinner coktails and make our way to the restaurant where we will enjoy a four course sumptious dinner - taking hours to sample every morsel and try different wines with different courses. After dinner he will again, retire to the bar for a whiskey while I go upstairs to tweet every one of my five thousand contacts to make sure that they know where I am and that they are not having as good a time as I am and then I will then put away the computer for the rest of the weekend. I will thank God that there is wifi and marvel at the juxtoposition of old and majestic versus new and innovative and perhaps be inspired to write in my blog about the merits of old country houses such as Maryborough. I will then put on my pj' s, snuggle into the soft down and crack open the spine of that book but only make it past page three as I will most likely be in la la land by the time the xhite in whinning armour enters the room - pontificating to himself about the great range of scottish and Irish whiskeys available in the bar.

We will wake up in the morning and I will be sprightly and alive; ready for a good two hour walk and exploration of the surrounding natural gardens and landscape. We will enjoy a hearthy Cork breakfast and he will tag along all morning doing his utmost to hide the evidence of the excesses of the previous nights digestives.

We will have a great afternoon during which he will seek the hair of the dog and I will retire to the gym before dinner to work off a year of acute stress. I will dress for dinner and head down early to the restaurant - where he will allready be - surveying the menu - and we will perhaps enjoy a very nice bottle of wine with another incredible dinner.

Tired from the country air, our gastronomic excesses and perhaps wanting to spend a romantic evening in bed together - we will retire to our room and enjoy our last night there. In the morning we will enjoy another fine breakfast and then it will be time to tip genourously and take the train back to Dublin to tell all our friends how great our free weekend was and to admit that we spent more than it would have cost us anyway - on all the extra bits that we couldnt avoid doing.

On Monday we woudl facebook everybody and send a thank you note to all who made this dream weekend a possibility and post a thread on the boards to let you all know how it went and what we thought. We woudl also book a weekend for our parents anniversary - upcoming soon.

We would smile and that's where in the world we woudl like to be! Please press the button Chris and light up our weekend. You have the power! As they say in Star Wars. May the force be with you.

All the best,

Smart Cookie

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

The only place I want to be right now is anywhere my family are. My OH has had to travel to the UK for a funeral and I'm at home in Dublin with our son. It wouldn't matter to me where in the world we were if we could be together.

I would love to win this competition to cheer up my wonderful man when he comes home from his sad and emotional trip next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 garimac

pick me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lostdesign

In my bed because i'm sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Sipping Kona Coffee on Kailua beach in Hawaii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭georgem25

On a sunny beach! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd love to be at home having a nice dinner and a glass of wine because it has been a long week in work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Smurf2000

I'd love to be in Thailand sipping pina coladas while sitting at a pool bar on honeymoon with my wife! It was amazing, such fabulous memories :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭blondiexox

Allihies, West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

I'd love to be somewhere peaceful, so I can just lie back and relax for as long as I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 joe golfer

In Dublin enjoying the shopping and night life and a nice pint in the best pub for an early morning pint The Boars Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Opening up my first wage packet that I will receive if i manage to get through this Science degree intact!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pinkversey

With 3 children at home under the age of 7 my ideal break is somewhere where I don't have to cook, clean, be a peacemaker or a punisher. An added bonus is a full nights sleep with no small bodies sneaking into the bed with cold feet!!! Someone to pamper my husband and me for a change would be nice as well as time for just us. Aahhhh what a dream that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭booksale

I would like to go back home in the East to see my family during the Chinese New Year. But have no money for a return ticket at the moment. :(

A weekend in Cork would do then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭specialk1977

I would love to be over in canada...skiing

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

In Rome, sipping white wine in a cafe just off Via Nationale, my first ever holiday abroad with my boyfriend, definitely would love to be there again.... must go have a look at Ryanair...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Sitting down by the harbour in Aghios Nikolaos, Crete, watching the world go by!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stumblina

I'd love to be in Disney Land with my little boy cause I can't afford to take him anywhere nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 chook

On the LOST island, seeing how Hurley is doing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

At a massive party with all my friends and family, easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Paris!! PLEASE:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

On a cruise around the caribeen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

I would like to be no where unless my beautiful wife and my little daughter were with me, we could be at home in the middle of a messy house or in town doing the shopping for the week, or even in china I don’t care so long as they are always with me because where ever we are together I will always know I am home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I'd really like to be in the Maryborough Hotel and Spa in Cork, that's where I'd bloody well like to be.

Haven't been away in bloody years and I'm not going to at this rate.
    Wish I could bring my girlfriend somewhere other than the cinema...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

MGM Grand Las Vegas because i miss the action! *

*I haven't got a problem i swear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 beecarroll

Tucked up in bed . . . oh wait I am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

In Melbourne with my brother because he just broke up with his very-long-term girlfriend and he has no family around. :(

Advertisement