Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6 BR - February (26th/27th)Tournament

Options
  • 22-01-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

February Tournament is coming up soon. The date will be decided from the poll, so vote now and keep in touch!

When would you like the tournament to be? 3 votes

26th of February, 2011 (Saturday)
    0%
    27th of February, 2011 (Sunday)
    66%
    TriademanSobriuS 2 votes
    I can participate regardless of the dates
    33%
    mantys 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Realistically, is it ever going to be on a sunday?

The sooner you finalise a date, the sooner you can advertise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Well, it all depends on the players. Some players travel, I live in Dublin, so I don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

I ll be in Mantys.

Sat 26th february is a Good date.

I ll help you with orga next time.

TEST YOU WELL :)

List at the moment:

1) Mantys (org)
    2) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    3) ...

Guys, the date is Saturday, 26th February.
    This is probably the last year to play T6 competitively, so try to make it work. Put your name down if you are interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 nani

@Mantys: Unfortunately I wont be able to particapate as I`m out of the country from february 21 to march 5. But I would definetly particapate in the next one. Also had to think a lot about the results and undestood that I need a consistent training partner and not the AI of the game. Its just not enough.

On that note I wanna ask if there is someone out there from county tipperary that would like to spar offline, then please let me know.

I also would like to thank Mantys for the organisation of the tournament. I hope that our luck wont run out and that we will also have participants in the future. Lets try our best guys to get this thing rolling for good!!!!!

List at the moment:

1) Mantys (org)
    2) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    3) ...

Guys, if you are interested, please put your name down.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

put my name down please

List at the moment:

1) Mantys (org)
    2) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    3) RedDragonJack
    4) ...

The tournament starts at 14:00.
    Tournament will be held no matter how many people show up. If any of the players is interested in meeting sooner and playing some matches before the tournament, just let me know, I am up for it.
    Entrance fee will be 5 euro and 5 euro deposit, which will be returned after the tournament finishes.
    Prizes are as usual 60/30/10%.
    Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hi mantys,

sorry to be a dick, but I probably won't be in any Tekken tourneys until TTT2 comes out.

Best of luck though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Guys I was sooOO miffed i missed the last one.
    I'm working for my father in a family business so...well lets just put it this way, **** happens...and i'm usually the one who has to put in the extra hours.
    Put my name down, i'll do my absolute best to make this.

I'm gonna try rope a mate of mine into this aswell, and AGAIN try to convince my bro, but definitely put my name down.

Hopefully see you guys there. :D

List at the moment:

1) Mantys (org)
    2) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    3) RedDragonJack
    4) Ixayek_usurper
    5) ...

The tournament starts at 14:00.
    Tournament will be held no matter how many people show up. If any of the players is interested in meeting sooner and playing some matches before the tournament, just let me know, I am up for it.
    Entrance fee will be 5 euro and 5 euro deposit, which will be returned after the tournament finishes.
    Prizes are as usual 60/30/10%.
    Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

Ok Guys, It is next sat !

Get ready and post !

TEST YOU WELL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

OK guys if you'll have me I'd like to show you what I've learned in the last month!

Sign me up please. ;)

List at the moment:

1) Mantys (org)
    2) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    3) RedDragonJack
    4) Ixayek_usurper
    5) BigStupidGuy
    6) ...

That's the spirit! Three more and we have a pool for double eliminations!
    To remind you again, this is probably the last time we'll be able to play T6BR in a competition, 'cos TTT2 is coming out "soon". (looks **** tho)

Good luck to everyone on Saturday at 14:00. If anybody is interested in coming sooner and playing, just let me know!

I'd like to meet up for some casuals before if you like Mantys. I can come in every half hour on the bus so whatever time you think is good I can make it. :D

@BigStupidGuy: I will be there from 12:00. The tournament starts at 14:00 so we'll have two hours to train.
    See you there.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭batman_oh

i'll try get in for some casuals
    havent played the game since last tournament so will be beyond rusty

Great! So I should be at the XGC between 12:00 and 12:15 (depending on the bus driver). Plenty of time to warm up :D

I hope one or two others show up for casuals.

I talked to a friend of mine today and he will participate in he tournament as well. And he will come to play sooner.

List at the moment:

1) Mantys (org)
    2) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    3) RedDragonJack
    4) Ixayek_usurper
    5) BigStupidGuy
    6) Firestarter
    7) ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

Good games everyone and congrats to the winners and mantys for organising.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I was the kid hanging watching, nice high level play. I haven't played Tekken in like a year and it's tempting me to pick it up again

Thanks manyts and everyone that was a fun day! I'll have to work even harder for the next one. It's great to play good Tekken offline :)

The results are here lads:

1) Eon
    2) Skeering
    3) Mantys (org)
    4) RedDragonJack
    5) Firestarter
    6) Adam

We had two rounds of everyone plays everyone and I have to say, this tournament was the funniest of all tournamnets, in my opinion. The elite (Jeff, Aaron) didn't come, so everyone had a chance to shine!

We saw a lot of different playing styles and strategies and I learned a lot. The main thing I learned was that I suck at Tekken big time. My "knowledge" of Miguel was turned into dust as my reaction times and predictions of his invisible transitions to savage stance made me either flying or sleeping on the ground. Very nice job Eon.
    As the best player of that day (he didn't lose a single match!) you deserve to be crowned a Champion of February.

@Skeering (aka BigStupidGuy)...I have no idea where to begin. Noticing you use nearly the same mix up/set up each game and then FALLING for it over and over again, I mean...how do you do it man? Or are we THAT stupid? Tell us, so we can get better.:o

@RedDragonJack: It kinda seemed to me that you were bored. If you have any ideas how to make it better, send me a PM. By saying "this is the last tournament / this is the last time you can play competitively I actualy meant, TTT2 is coming out and T6BR will fall into oblivion at that moment, believe me."

@Adam: Don't give up man! You obviously are a beginner, ask players for combos or check this site out:
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com

@Fergus: Don't be shy and join in! Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is coming out "soon" and we are already hyped out!

Tournament Points so far:
    (January and February)

1) Eon 67
    2) Skeering 56
    3) Triademan (K.O.I.F.) 35
    4) Aaron 33
    5) Mantys 26
    6) NoviGlitzko 24
    7) RedDragonJack 20
    8) James 18
    8) Firestarter 18
    10) Nani 14
    11) Ezda 11
    12) Adam 7

After TTT2 is released, TOP 8 players (tournament points) will fight for the Ultimate Title of Tekken 6 Champion of 2011 Ireland with an actual ...(secret)... to take home.
    Remember that you get points just for showing up and for paying the tournament fee.

If anybody is interested in offline playing, I can usually come anytime during week or weekends, just post it here. Thread for March tournament coming soon.

I texted to some of the players to ask for some sparring matches. If interested...you know what to do. If you want to exchange phone numbers, send me a PM.

P.S. Extra Points: If you want to get more tournament points you have to challenge a player who is above you. If you want to know more, just ask me here. Players who will be below 8th place on the list will NOT be invited to the Finals.

March tournament thread is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70993424#post70993424

Advertisement