Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling my car. Help.

• 20-01-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I have a good nick 02 Hyuandi with new NCT and low mileage for sale. Its a good car and Ive put it everywhere I can think of and only got one response and then he didn't buy. Im asking for less than these are going for on CBG.ie and other sites with good pics and am worried now I wont be able to sell it or will have to let it go for a lot less than its worth. Any tips on where/how I could improve my chances of selling it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

have you tried donedeal.

A link to the ad would help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

johnos1984 wrote: »
    have you tried donedeal.

http://www.adverts.ie/car/1-3-glsi/1-3-glsi/hyundai/391561

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

2 years ago 02's were selling for that from a main dealers, so its not worth that privately now.

personally i sold a (very high mileage) 2001 accent for 2700 back in 2006.

these cars dont hold money well, even though yours is in good shape. drop maybe 500 and your closer to reality.

also add the model to the title of your advert. right now it just says 'hyundai for sale' a santa fe? a coupe? an elantra? an atoz? a h100?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

1200 is more the price of that so ask 1500

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Charisma

johnos1984 wrote: »
    have you tried donedeal.

Yep its on Done deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭dnme

OP - Hope you don't mind me quoting
    Under 57,000 miles. New clutch fitted 3,000 miles ago

Can anyone explain this to me? Why would a clutch go at such low mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

dnme wrote: »

Bad driver

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Topdeck

dnme wrote: »

It depends on the driver.My dad has a 99 micra with 115,000miles still has original clutch. My neighbour has a 00 micra with 50,000miles and its starting to slip.

IC.
    So what makes a bad clutch user then? what are people doing that makes the clutch wear?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

May not necessarily a bad driver; cars that pull trailers can eat clutches.

Bad driving habits that eat clutches :
    • high revs with clutch not fully engaged ('slipping' the clutch) accompanied by that lovely metallic burnt smell
    • depressing the clutch and brake pedal when stopped at lights / in traffic ('riding' the clutch). Please select neutral and apply the hand-brake

• Advertisement

OP
    IMO your price is prohibitively high. I recently linked one on the bangernomics thread for €950. Here's another one on adverts for €1250
    http://www.adverts.ie/car/other-cars/other-cars/2001-hyundai-accent-3-door/304341

I even this one is a bit high, it'll probably go for 1k a sit's 01 with 90+k

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Charisma

Sold for very close to asking after mechanics inspection. Told yiz it was good car!!!

Advertisement