Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

farming venture!!!??

Options
  • 16-01-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

i all live on a family farm at home in ballinasloe it has c. 100 acres. we train horses and keep cattle and sheep? i was recently qualified as a electrician and want to move home to the farm and start farming again but looking for a venture that i can try make a living off? a farm shop is one idea or open farm?? but has any one any ideas or what i would have to look into insurance wise or the likes?? any help would be appreciated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i know some one with an open farm , income halved last year , i also know some one who had a farm shop, it wasnt run right and was a disaster , i dont think we are in the right economic climate for either of these ventures , but thats just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 20 no1horse

whelan1 wrote: »
    i know some one with an open farm , income halved last year , i also know some one who had a farm shop, it wasnt run right and was a disaster , i dont think we are in the right economic climate for either of these ventures , but thats just my opinion

thats the joys of this u get to hear other ppls views! i dont know what road to take!! so thanks for the reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

my neighbour opened his farm before xmas it was busy enough then but i dont see many visitors now he has buckets of money spent id say it will be a long time before he sees a return not to mention a profit sorry to be negative any other ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭mantua

Might not have much to do with farming but if you have the land maybe a quad track might make a bit!! insurance would be high but if you went about it the right way and did yer homework on it you could make a tidy amount but it would only have a certain niche market!! Paintball games would also be a good option if you have land that and maybe set some of it!! see lots of stag parties and teenagers going paintball!

Advertisement