Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January Boards Foldathon

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

zodac wrote: »
    Try this first:
    • Open HFM.
    • Edit> Preferences> "Startup & External" tab.
    • Check the "Load Configuration File" box.
    • Browse to your Folding folders (I think they were saved in C:\), and then into the HFM folder. Choose the config.hfm file.

:)

Alright Zod...The head is clear:p and I Followed your instuctions and this is what I got
    [URL="[IMG]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee279/dwighet/Untitled-9.jpg[/IMG]"]Untitled-9.jpg[/URL]
    The smp dont look too flash

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Unless you've got -bigadv on for some reason it looks like something's almost completely monopolizing your CPU, and it ain't folding! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

That would be the GPU. :p

Plus, the SMP has a bonus point system; the longer it takes to finish, the less bonus points, and the less PPD you'll get. So if the rig is off overnight, when you come back, you'll have less PPD.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yeah, but the GPU shouldn't be hogging 3.5 cores! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

There would be other factors too; a poor WU (P6701), the fact that HFM hasn't reached 3% to get an accurate reading, possible other things in the background, as well as the fact that the computer might have been off.

Besides, I've found a few times that a program might only use ~10% of the CPU, and be limited to only one core, but that will still cripple the SMP client. So setting the affinity of the SMP client to ignore that core makes a huge difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement