Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most underrated album in a bands discography?

Options
12346»

Comments

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    The Violent Femmes "Hallowed Ground". Most people have never gotten past their self titled debut. I wont say I prefer Hallowed Ground, but it is the album I've gone back to more over the years. I love it, and it is one of my favourite albums of all time, it really influenced me when I was a teenager, and guided my taste in music.

Agree with that 100%. Hallowed Ground was a much more interesting and complex and diverse album. The first one isn't bad either mind, but HG tends to be the first one I reach for when I'm in the mood for them and like it every bit as much today as I did back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Everybody raves about Rum, Sodomy and the Lash (justifiably) but i think Fall from Grace with God is a far better album

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭column

mosstin wrote: »
    In Rainbows is light on melody? I'm guessing you just haven't listened to it.

I have. Loads of times. Still no melody.

Now, I think OK Computer has loads of melody and there's a fair bit in Amnesiac too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

What Radiohead's post-millenium albums lack in melody they make up for in mood and texture. But that's not to say there isn't melody, it just a matter of picking it out.

Advertisement