Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a healthy meal?

Options
  • 01-01-2011 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

all canned ingredients,thrown into a pot and cooked together for about 10 mins

green lentals
    peas
    baby carrots
    sweet corn
    3 bean mixed salad (cannellini,flageolet,adzuki)

heat and eat ,i hate cooking its easy but is it good eating ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

There is nothing unhealthy about it :p Beans and lentils can be heavy on some people's stomachs, but if it you feel ok eating it all, then no harm. If you need to bulk out your food with some carbs? You could have some rice or cous cous with it all.

Are you new to vegetarianism and wondering what to cook? We have plenty of recipes about the place if you look about the forum. There is a nutrition form if you are looking for serious info on your meals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

Firstly, I'm not an expert, but it looks ok to me. Canned food can sometimes be salty so don't rely on it too much. I'd also have something else to go with it like bread, rice or pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 godarraghgo

cool ,no carbs good point
    ill throw a few spuds in

i have been vegi for about 12 years but just trying to look after myself a bit better these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

some canned goods brands have a load of salt in them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

why not get that stuff frozen? apart from the beans. you can wash the stuff off the beans anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭RussellTuring

How did you manage to live so long without being able to cook? I was busy the last couple of days and hardly ate since I had no time to cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 godarraghgo

froozen is a good option i guess ,should get more veg options too,
    i have lived this long i guess because you can pay people to cook for you or my ex's used to cook ,
    I can cook i just hate it its so boaring ahhh,i love to make stuff but not food

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

These things called women, everybody should have one. I prefer the taste of frozen anyway. Just get loads of mixed veg at the start, then you can just buy real carrots, mushrooms etc. after a while. They take a minute to chop and throw in. potatoes/couscous/quinoa are easy. You can stirfry/roast the veg too for a change of pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

These things called women, everybody should have one. I prefer the taste of frozen anyway.

I prefer my women to be HAWT, frozen women are no fun.

Advertisement