Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank God snow is over . . .

Options
  • 27-12-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Yes, thank God snow is over, we should be back to normal now . . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I sort of agree with you but my 5 year girl woke up to see the snow almost gone and burst into floods of tears saying Christmas was over.

Took ages to reassure her.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldVickers

maco wrote: »
    Yes, thank God snow is over, we should be back to normal now . . .

Now we just have to contend with burst pipes!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Nancenet70

i'm heading to the northeast US in 2 weeks, here's hoping it's gone there quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Yes thank god its gone was so hard getting about, cant say much for wicklow co co though they were more then useless with not griting the main roads ect, and they dont be long grabing the road tax money off us.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

patwicklow wrote: »
    Yes thank god its gone was so hard getting about, cant say much for wicklow co co though they were more then useless with not griting the main roads ect, and they dont be long grabing the road tax money off us.
    they did try their best - I think they did well under the circumstances

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I also think they did very well given the circumstances.

I work in south dublin and live in wicklow town.
    Trust me when I say that Dun laoghaire/Rathdown co co did a much worse job than the wicklow councils

• Registered Users Posts: 24,476 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Trust me when I say that Dun laoghaire/Rathdown co co did a much worse job than the wicklow councils

Wicklow > DL/R > Dublin

roads I drove in Wicklow were mostly fine, and at least DL/R had the ploughs and gritters out most days but DCC were shocking in my experience and if sightings from the bus drivers in the C&T forum are to be believed had only 1 plough out most of the time, 1:confused::rolleyes::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Its coming back on Friday:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

FluffyCat wrote: »

Stop! If we don't mention it, it willl not happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

FluffyCat wrote: »

And with a vengeance.

I thank Goddess Khione and Goddess Shirahime-Syo for your beautiful bounty over the recent demonstrations of your great powers.

Please forgive these misinformed worshippers thanking God and punish them by snowing on me instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Stop! If we don't mention it, it willl not happen!

Its coming....I can smell it!!! Back to ruin our lives and shame the country and exploit the fact we cant cope with anything!! Hope no-one is planning on flying anywhere!!
    We will have to change the schools so that their 'summer holidays' is actually in winter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Nancenet70

fingers in ears la la la
    we're flying wednesday!

Advertisement