Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I gave a vegan meat by accident (oops) should I tell her? or not?.

Options
  • 24-12-2010 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭

It was in dumplings I made and froze a few weeks ago. I really thought I made them with quorn but they were actually made with pork mince (I found a label on the freezer bag afterwards), anyways, she ate the lot (about 10) and said they were delicious. Should I keep my mouth shut about it?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Quorn contains egg, so it was never going to end well for your vegan friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Tell her. I'm sure the taste must have been questionable. Personally, I'd like to know if it happened to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭daithi2011

Dont tell her. Sure she'll never know the difference. If you tell her she will, and will be upset.

She will indeed be upset. Jimmy Garlic - you know your friend. It's up to you. Not a pleasant situation at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Surely if she thought they were delicious and you don't tell her, she may try getting some herself? So would it not be best if you told her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Not done with intent or malice, so say nothing and sacrifice a chicken to appease the gods. :D
    No,say nothing, some people who have abstained from meat for decades can react badly when given some, even without their knowledge. If you tell her her mind will do the rest and make her ill!

Fair play to you for actually caring and not laughing about it as many would for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Tell her. I'm sure the taste must have been questionable. Personally, I'd like to know if it happened to me.

I'm surprised she didn't notice!

This is a tricky situation... I think I'd rather know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It was in dumplings I made and froze a few weeks ago. I really thought I made them with quorn but they were actually made with pork mince (I found a label on the freezer bag afterwards), anyways, she ate the lot (about 10) and said they were delicious. Should I keep my mouth shut about it?.

As soon as you told her it was made of quorn, she should have known it's not suitable for a vegan.
    As has already been pointed out, it contains egg.

There is always the chance our OP is confusing vegetarians and vegans... it happens all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

There is always the chance our OP is confusing vegetarians and vegans... it happens all the time...

Possibly, she doesn't eat dairy so I assumed she was a vegan. I had no idea that there was egg in quorn. She must know so she mustn't be a vegan. As regards the pork, what she doesn't know won't hurt her, i will keep the peace and say nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

why would you like to know? it wont change anything..unless you want to moan about it whenever you see your friend!

I just would :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh I wouldn't want to know. I'd be very upset. I can't understand how she didn't know anyway, surely after all this time she realised. It happened to me in a pizza place, I ordered the goats cheese pizza and took a bite, there was chicken on it. I knew as soon as I bit into it, the texture was so alien. Although if it was mixed through a dumpling it might be harder to detect.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

wouldn't bother telling her, sure what will it do but upset her pointlessly, perhaps. Good of you to think about it.

Advertisement