Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Movie-editing software for Windows

Options
  • 22-12-2010 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice on what movie editing sofware is best for windows.. preferably better than Windows movie maker and somewhere inbetween iMovie + Final Cut for Mac, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not a mac user but sounds like Pinnacle Studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

No such thing as "best", its a very personal thing. I like Vegas pro on Windows and Final Cut on OS X. Also consider weather you need video editing, DVD authoring or both. You can get a fully-fearured free trial of the major commercial software such as Sony Vegas and Premiere. Give them a go and see what you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Adobe Premiere hands down; can do almost as much Final Cut if you know how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Vegas pro is your only man. it's expensive, but it will do everything you need it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

No such thing as "best", its a very personal thing. I like Vegas pro on Windows and Final Cut on OS X. Also consider weather you need video editing, DVD authoring or both. You can get a fully-fearured free trial of the major commercial software such as Sony Vegas and Premiere. Give them a go and see what you like.

If you're on a budget then these three:

Power Director 9

Pinnacle Studio

Video Studio X3 Pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭roguey

niaroh1x96 wrote: »
    preferably better than Windows movie maker and somewhere inbetween iMovie + Final Cut for Mac, Thanks :)

As the OP is looking for something inbetween iMovie and FCP, could i suggest Adobe Premiere Elements? or is that too basic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sugar70

Also consider weather you need video editing, DVD authoring or both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭niaroh1x96

ya unfortunately I am on a budget :(, so im undecided between pinacle studio & power director atm, any suggestions???

Advertisement