Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerscourt

Options
  • 21-12-2010 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Is powerscourt estate/ house and golf club accessible from Enniskerry village?

In the current snowy / icy conditions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's only one entrance as far as I know and that's if you enter Enniskerry from the road leading from the N11, carry on up the hill to the left and there's an entrance on your right almost at the top of the hill. You can access the whole of the Powerscourt complex from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Probably not a good idea in these conditions though -don't know if that twisty road into Enniskerry is considered a main road when it comes to gritting but the road up to Powerscourt was dodgy in the post Xmas snow last year so can only imagine what its like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

blogga wrote: »
    In the current snowy / icy conditions?
    Ah, I see! The windy road from the N11 is prone to icy conditions even when there's no snow, so would be pretty bad, and then there's the steep hill out of Enniskerry to contend with as well, so unless it's absolutely necessary I'd avoid it personally.

Advertisement