Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn Family Roast

Options
  • 21-12-2010 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Wondering if anyknows where I might find the Quorn family roast in Dublin, looked in all the supermarkets no luck . . really need to get it for christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Wondering if anyknows where I might find the Quorn family roast in Dublin, looked in all the supermarkets no luck . . really need to get it for christmas

the health food shop in the square, ground floor, had them in stock. Iceland would be a possibility too but I haven't been to it yet so that's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Tesco in Bloomfield, Dun Laoghaire HAD them a few days ago when i was there last. Wouldn'nt know if they still do tho, but could be worth a telephone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

Also looking for a place to get one of these

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

What does the Quorn Family Roast taste like? I have one in the deep freeze the last couple of months but I forgot about it untill the other week so I might stick it on on Xmas day to go along with my dinner. Will there be alot in it for one person as I'm the only vegetarian in my house and I don't want to waste it as in could I cook it and freeze some for the next day? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I've got them in Superquinn in Blanch village before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 10percentbooks

You can get a roast in Restore (half way up Camden st on right hand side) for about 6.50...hurry though they only stock a couple at a time usually! Enjoy!

dagdha wrote: »
    What does the Quorn Family Roast taste like? I have one in the deep freeze the last couple of months but I forgot about it untill the other week so I might stick it on on Xmas day to go along with my dinner. Will there be alot in it for one person as I'm the only vegetarian in my house and I don't want to waste it as in could I cook it and freeze some for the next day? Cheers.
    Tastes yum,much like the chicken pieces you can get in the Quorn range. If you havent tried any of the quorn stuff before it is very 'chicken' like! The roast will do 2-3 depending how hungry you are and re-heats fine the next day but don't re-freeze it. Loads of gravy bish bash bosh! Enjoy!

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    the health food shop in the square, ground floor, had them in stock. Iceland would be a possibility too but I haven't been to it yet so that's just a guess.
    They canny get them in...tried today. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

dagdha wrote: »

It's lovely cold in sandwiches too

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Tastes yum,much like the chicken pieces you can get in the Quorn range. If you havent tried any of the quorn stuff before it is very 'chicken' like! The roast will do 2-3 depending how hungry you are and re-heats fine the next day but don't re-freeze it. Loads of gravy bish bash bosh! Enjoy!

Thanks, I eat alot of the other Quorn stuff fairly regularly but I never tasted the roast, I may put it on on xmas day for something a little different to go along with the veg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Franner wrote: »

With cold gravy I hope!

Franner wrote: »

It is. Even better if you tear it up (Ooh I've gone all Jamie Oliver) and fry it quickly. The edges get crispy and the it takes on a flavour I'd happily kill my in laws for. Fantastic in bagels with tomatos mayo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

To my tastebuds it's better cold afterwards than when it's first cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Funnily enough, i too think it's much nicer cold, or the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭monicafussy

Hi , I got one in Iceland in The Illac center last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

All this talk of how tasty it is... *drools*

Hi , I got one in Iceland in The Illac center last week

Iceland used to be good stockists of it alright. I haven't been to any of the new stores myself yet but that's good to know. A Quorn roast is not just for Christmas you know.

there are Quorn roasts in The Hopsack Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I couldn't get any type of roast in Sligo for the past couple of weeks :(
    Making a baked butternut squash this year.

Advertisement