Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

These snow chains don't work very well

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,330 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

This just goes to prove that BMWs research which was slated on here recently is pretty much spot on. The large majority of 1 series buyers think it is front drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mickdw wrote: »
    This just goes to prove that BMWs research which was slated on here recently is pretty much spot on. The large majority of 1 series buyers think it is front drive.
    Eh, no. It proves that one 1 series driver doesn't know which wheels the chains go on, that's all.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Anan1 wrote: »
    Eh, no. It proves that one 1 series driver doesn't know which wheels the chains go on, that's all.;)

They are just preparing for the new 1er they buy next year. RWD will be old tech to them then so why learn how to put the chain on the back wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

mickdw wrote: »
    I dont think anyone slated the fact 1-series drivers are not the most clued up in general.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Could be a prototype.............................................;)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

BMW drivers of the world unite -- you have nothing to lose but your chains (since your credibility is long gone, apparently).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Confab wrote: »
    The BMW Mini is FWD and the Rover 75 is based on an unused BMW FWD chassis.

it was BMW AND Chrysler that built the mini,its petrol engine is a Chrysler Tritec one [made via a joint venture betwen Chrysler Corporation and Rover Group] and the diesel was a Toyota 1.4 same as what was in a Yaris :D
    as at the time BMW didant make an engine suitable for the mini

the 75 chassy was developed by Rover with little interference from BMW aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Saw a blonde woman in a 3 series stuck outside the entrance to Nutgrove shopping center.. she had snow socks on the front wheels.. I probably should have said something, but I was a bit bemused/bewildered by it..

Its the first time I've been in Dublin city during a large snowfall, and its so bizarre. The large percentage of BMW and Mercs means that even though most of Dublin is really flat the city still manages to get gridlocked very easily.

At one mini roundabout near Dundrum a Merc e class taxi was spinning its wheels, I was thinking of giving him a push when I thought about the line of traffic behind him which was all indicating in that direction. Stupid ****ers all sitting there when if they helped move him they could all be on there way.. Daft really. Did help push an Opel Omega up a slope though, a guy from the car was trying to put his weight on the boot for traction but needed a bit of help.

It also doesn't help that so many people haven't got the slightest bit of a brain about traction and they just sit in first gear turning the nice grippy snow into polished ice.

Quite a few jeep drivers about as well, but the traffic is so dense I was making more progress on foot. Which makes a change from the mental speed and overtaking I see from them up the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

BMW's and Merc's seem to have a lot of trouble in these conditions.

Was coming back from the shops yesterday and there was a white Merc van in front of me pulling away from the lights and the back was sliding around the place. Madness.

Advertisement