Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water this morning

Options
  • 14-12-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Morning All,

Has anyone heard anything about the water being turned off in Blessington last night/this morning?

I've been on the County Council website and there is no mention of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Where abouts are you Sandi? I'm in the Town and my water is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

I'm in Woodleigh

I'm starting to think it was just my house :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

I'm in Dublin and the Council's web info is a joke, they say water will be off for 3 consecutive days from 7pm to 7am, while it didn't come back until 11am both yesterday and this morning. On Sunday night there was no info about the service being shut down, I found out on Monday morning when I wanted to have a morning shower before work. The info on the website must've been updated between 1am-6am on Monday so. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

I had heard that the water in Dublin was off alright but nothing about Co Wicklow

Someone did comment this morning thought that maybe as the gritters can't work overtime to keep the roads useable, the webmaster for the County Coucil websites definately won't be putting in any extra hours! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

No water in Bray this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

FluffyCat wrote: »
    No water in Bray this morning.

It was announced on the Bray Town Council website yesterday that water curtailments would be in place between 9pm and 7am:
    Due to leakages, interruptions in water supply can be expected from 9pm in the following areas including all developments off the Hebert Road and Killarney Road from the Town Hall and King Edward Road southwards. The Nurseries, Giltspur Brook, Giltspur Wood and St Clair's will also be affected. Water supply will be restored at 7am in the morning.

Please do not store water most households will have adequate storage if water is used sparingly.

Link: http://braytowncouncil.ie/pages/posts/interruptions-in-water-supply-14th-december-2010334.php

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

My sister lives in Kilpedder and she was having awful trouble with the water being turned off from 7pm.

At lunchtime on Friday she was just about to leave to come over to my place to shower when they eventually turned it back on (with low pressure) at that was at 2.30pm.

How are you supposed to actually function like that?! They don't stick to the times they announce and anyway... most people are just in the door from work at 6.30 - 7.00.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have children or to be ill and trying to cope with such a crap service.

Advertisement