Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I collect my social welfare over christmas and new years

• 30-11-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I usually collect my social welfare payment on a friday, however this year christmas eve and new years fall on a friday. Does anyone know how I am meant to collect my payments over this years holidays? Thanks to anyone who can help

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

According to this link, post offices are open on both days you've mentioned, so it should be no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Neither are public holidays so I assume Post Offices (I assume this is where you collect your payment) would still be open, although I would assume if there were any changes over the holiday season you would be adviced by your local welfare office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Your dole is paid in advance befor Christmas. You get one week double dole, the next week nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Carolyn4247

Thanks for the help everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

hawthorne wrote: »
    Your dole is paid in advance befor Christmas. You get one week double dole, the next week nothing

Is this true? Can I expect to get double on the 21st and then nothing on the 28th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Yillan wrote: »
    Is this true? Can I expect to get double on the 21st and then nothing on the 28th?

That was the way lastyear anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yillan wrote: »
    thats how it worked last year, but there hasnt been anything said this year yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 marmalade1

an post put up signs with the changed dates on them.. keep an eye out this week or next..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 franko2010

who ever gets it on a weds will get two this weds and then one the week after thats then till after xmas ...get the 15th and the 22nd on the 15th and think the 22nd and then 29th think its a normal day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

franko2010 wrote: »
    who ever gets it on a weds will get two this weds and then one the week after thats then till after xmas ...get the 15th and the 22nd on the 15th and think the 22nd and then 29th think its a normal day
    According to an post they are closed on the 29th?

• Advertisement

well maybe it was the 29th money u get on the 22 cant remember the dates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Seen the notice in the post office but it was at the counter,hard to read it properly because big line line of people behind me

yeah was hard to read it just got a quick look just know its two this week...

I usually collect my social welfare payment on a friday, however this year christmas eve and new years fall on a friday. Does anyone know how I am meant to collect my payments over this years holidays? Thanks to anyone who can help

Ring the post office maybe ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

Advertisement