Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray to Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 26-11-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi All, I know there was a thread on this a while back but its dated to 2008 so am hoping for a more recent view. I am moving jobs into Dublin City Centre and am wondering what's the best way to get to town from Bray. DART? 145? 45? 84x? LUAS from Cherrywood? I am up the top end of Bray about a 10 mins walk from 145, 45 right beside me and DART is about a 30mins walk or 5 mins drive. I would be working in the Stephens Green area. Hours would be at rush hour 7.30ish leave and 17:15 return.

Thanks a mill! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Well I leave the house at 6:50am and park the car down the seafront in the free parking. That car park fills up fast enough so you’d want to be early. I couldn’t handle getting on a bus ever again unless I'm drinking, spent 6 years doing it every day and I hated every minute of it. The traffic coming into the roundabout before you hit Bray is a nightmare, I walked home numerous times from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,769 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think 145 is your best bet under the criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

How far are you from the 84X? It's a great service and very fast too (compared to other buses). I would avoid the 45 as it takes forever and only goes to Merrion Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Greentrees

Where does the 84x stop on southern cross? Bus map says 'N11' junction and earlsfort where are they? How long does it take to get to town? I could drive up pretty quickly and perhaps park in a nearby estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

145 - Depends on the time of day, can be absolute torture trying to get in.
    45, don't know.. goes round the world to get there though
    DART - About 40 minutes.
    Luas from Cherrywood, About 40 minutes (No parking)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

Greentrees wrote: »
    Where does the 84x stop on southern cross? Bus map says 'N11' junction and earlsfort where are they? How long does it take to get to town? I could drive up pretty quickly and perhaps park in a nearby estate.

It stops at every stop along the Southern cross. There are 3 of them that come between 7.40-7.50ish - I get to Stillorgan anytime from 8.15-8.30 so should be in town by 8.40ish or just before 9am on a bad day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

There is a Finnegan bus that leaves Bray (dublin bus stop by the Ramada) and goes to Sandyford Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Greentrees wrote: »

You could park at the swimming pool and get it from the bus stop opposite

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Greentrees

Thanks a mill for all the comments, sounds like 84X is my best bet! :D

Advertisement