Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray free christmas parking

Options
  • 26-11-2010 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the 2 carparks in Bray will be free for the saturdays in December? I know they have been for the past few years but the notice about it gets more and more remote so most people end up paying in error!!
    Hope it is cause it would make me look around the shops, or lack of shops, more!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kingtorres9

Hi FluffyCat
    Have you been around the town lately.There are a lot of Scum (pardon the french) hanging around the main street lately. I have heard of 2 muggings so far this week. One on the dargle road and one on the dog track at ravenswell.
    Apparently they were followed from the town. I have started to bring my uncle up to collect his pension it's gone that bad.
    All of my christmas shopping willl be done in Carrickmines, Blanchardstown & Dundrum where it's a lot safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Hi FluffyCat
    Have you been around the town lately.There are a lot of Scum (pardon the french) hanging around the main street lately. I have heard of 2 muggings so far this week. One on the dargle road and one on the dog track at ravenswell.
    Apparently they were followed from the town. I have started to bring my uncle up to collect his pension it's gone that bad.
    All of my christmas shopping willl be done in Carrickmines, Blanchardstown & Dundrum where it's a lot safer.

Ive been around the town and havent noticed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭shaviebeby

Well they need to do something. I live in Greystones and its nearly quicker to get to Dundrum than it is to Bray with all the messing around trying to find parking and traffic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Easy to park at the car park behind the proposed shopping centre thing on the main street.

If coming from G'stones it shouldn't be hard at all to get to - fastest way is to take a right down behind Pres, then along Meath Rd, and up Florence Road. That takes no time at all and you avoid the main street and all the lights leading to it. Then exit via Quinsboro road and head back the way you came. Again , you avoid the main street and all the lights. In fact, you don't go through any lights from G'stones other than the ones at the old Dell building.

And no, I haven't noticed the town having gotten a lot worse. It certainly wouldn't put me off going up there.

Make sure to buy a present for someone this Christmas in Ledwidges - keeps the place ticking over.

• Advertisement
Advertisement