Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple black Friday sale, Nov 26th

• 23-11-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭

For anyone interested, this year again Apple will have their one day sale on their Irish website.

Very little info on what's actually going on sale, but we'll find out on Friday.

Link

Can anyone remember if there was any good offers last year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

marcbrophy wrote: »

Can anyone remember if there was any good offers last year?

About 10% off some products.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Anyone know if you can buy off the Apple US store and if they will deliver to Ireland?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone know if you can buy off the Apple US store and if they will deliver to Ireland?
    Thanks.
    Nope... not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This is usually just accessories and stuff. Don't think we'll be getting cheap iPods or iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Javiero

very rare for apple to reduce their prices. usually they just stop that line and start another one. (which seems to happen fairly frequently)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Javiero wrote: »
    very rare for apple to reduce their prices. usually they just stop that line and start another one. (which seems to happen fairly frequently)

well apple do this every year, and not only them ( by far not only them).

double post please erase.

well apple do this every year, and not only them ( by far not only them).

That's good. I used to buy in the US or Canada as its was a nice bit cheaper, but as of lately its near even Steven's wherever you buy in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭saeglopur

Usually buy my apple gear on Black Friday. Here is a link to the discounts that have been offered on the US site for the past few years. Prices are in $$$ but Irish site will be pretty similar so should give you some idea what to expect

http://guides.macrumors.com/Black_Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

saeglopur wrote: »
    Usually buy my apple gear on Black Friday. Here is a link to the discounts that have been offered on the US site for the past few years. Prices are in $$$ but Irish site will be pretty similar so should give you some idea what to expect

http://guides.macrumors.com/Black_Friday

It's always a story that get lots more negative votes than positive on Macrumors as well. The reason being the reductions tend to pretty poor e.g. an average 5% off on MBP etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

This is usually just accessories and stuff. Don't think we'll be getting cheap iPods or iPhones.

I know someone working in apple, and even with the 30% discount most of their stuff is far from cheap! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Man... 30% off What I'd do... I have a hard on for apple right now

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

iMax wrote: »
    ** looks down **

I've a semi..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Employees get 1 27% discount a year and 6 17% I think, thats what you must be getting mixed up with!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

iMax wrote: »
    basquille wrote: »
    ** looks down **

I've a semi..

Hey funboys, get a room!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Employees get 1 27% discount a year and 6 17% I think, thats what you must be getting mixed up with!

It must be the 27%, most corkonians round it off to sound cool.

I'm not sure if it's strictly once a year either, i think it depends how high up they are. ;)

It could have somehthing to do with temporary contracts also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

waveform wrote: »
    It must be the 27%, most corkonians round it off to sound cool.

I'm not sure if it's strictly once a year either, i think it depends how high up they are. ;)

It could have somehthing to do with temporary contracts also.

It's strictly once a year regardless of position.

edit. That's what she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Javiero wrote: »
    That's good. I used to buy in the US or Canada as its was a nice bit cheaper, but as of lately its near even Steven's wherever you buy in the world

I'm just back from the US, where I saved myself over €300 on an iPod touch and Macbook versus buying it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Engadget have a piece on the sort of discounts to expect based on Apples Australian store, approx 10%.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/25/apples-australian-store-discounts-everything-by-around-10-perce/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

TheZohan wrote: »
    Engadget have a piece on the sort of discounts to expect based on Apples Australian store, approx 10%.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/25/apples-australian-store-discounts-everything-by-around-10-perce/

Not too bad, wish i could afford one now!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Waiting to buy some gear, hope the sale is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

And its up, base iPad for 458, less than 10% off, bring back that gruupy.com offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

yes but buy it via bethrifty and you will get 5% cashback which would be a further 5% off so it would work out at €435.10 so not far off Gruppy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

ok correction its only 3% so that works out at €444.26

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭faral

hue hue hue - su a ****e offers like i cen see now on their web page....A MASSIVE 100 euro down:)folks dont be fool cause this company is making only a good marketing nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

I bought 2 ipod touch 32gb for 536 instead of 598, a decent saving for the pressies.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gymnipities

ok correction its only 3% so that works out at €444.26

According to bethrifty the percentage "is calculated on the NET value of your purchase i.e. the amount before VAT and delivery charges."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Apple have the 8GB nano for sale at €148.00, a whopping saving of €11..... However at Currys.co.uk it works out at €118 a total saving of €41! I'm heading up north soon anyway and will be getting one of these.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

basquille wrote: »
    ** looks down **

I've a semi..

Hahaha! You crack me up!

The things i would buy if i had a 30% off the list would be never ending :eek:

Advertisement