Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I say we reduce corporate tax....

Options
  • 21-11-2010 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

So on the one hand the IMF/EU trying to push us into increasing our corporate tax rate. On the other Google, intel and the likes telling us not to do it.

I reckon we want to make it cheaper to do business here. We need the googles and intels and their competitors of the world to come here and stay here.
    I say we decrease the corporation tax to 9%. I also say we decrease employers PRSI and reform whatever other obstacles are in the way of businesses doing business.
    We need to provide these companies new reasons to be here and make it easier on our small and medium size businesses.

And at the same time yes increase income tax until things recover. Make the budget cuts. Reform the bejeesus out of the banks - hell they are pracitcally nationalised anyway - just take em all over and cut the bejeesus out of them and have one national bank. Charge 1% tax on every transaction for the nations coppers.

I know not exactly in depth analysis here but I'm sick of here the same **** over and over. Can't someone think of some innovative ideas
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement