Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New structure at old M50 toll-Bridge location

• 16-11-2010 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

Any idea what they're building off-line at the old toll plaza location on the M50? There's a new mass concrete structure going up in the "layby" area they are using for the service vehicles etc where the old plaza was, SB. Thought it was a office or a store at first but the concrete structure doesn't seem to be taking that sort of shape.

Any ideas? Just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

cargo wrote: »
    Any idea what they're building off-line at the old toll plaza location on the M50? There's a new mass concrete structure going up in the "layby" area they are using for the service vehicles etc where the old plaza was, SB. Thought it was a office or a store at first but the concrete structure doesn't seem to be taking that sort of shape.

Any ideas? Just curious.

I meant to add this very thread last week but it slipped my mind, can't wait to find out what it will be.....

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Haven't seen it recently but it looked tall...Salt/Grit store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Maybe it's a fitting memorial to the toll booths.

A giant sized brown envelope?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭cargo

Haven't seen it recently but it looked tall...Salt/Grit store?

The construction is all on one side only as in it's not a shell to be turned into something later. Just a standalone structure. I'll try get a snap in the am if I remember passing (don't worry I have a handsfree camera ;) )

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Seeing as thats where M50 Concession seem to base their operations from I'd guess salt barn also. They're responsible for salting the M50.

• Advertisement

Here's the photo I got of it this morning. There's now a steel structure opposite it.

A salt barn does seem the most logical suggestion but the structures shape isn't looking like it just yet.

Where are M50 Concession getting the salt from currently? Have they another store themselves off the M50 or do they use one of the councils yards as storage?

(Sorry dont know how to insert photos into message)

Did a quick planning search and came up with this. We're all right. It's a bit of everything!! :)

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/ and it's Ref is FW10A/0169

Alterations to previously permitted development (Register Reference FW09A/0185) of an Office and Maintenance Depot (970 sq.m.) consisting of a two storey building consisting of offices, workshop and ancillary accommodation (8m high), a single storey covered vehicle shelter and vehicle inspection bay (6m high), a single storey salt storage barn (8m high), a service yard (1000sq. m.) car park (20 spaces) and access road. The amendments will consist of alterations to the Parking Layout and yard and a reduction in the floor area of the maintenance depot (was previously 1252sq.m.) by reducing the numbers of Covered Parking Bays and enclosing same. This application will supersede the previously permitted development (Register Reference FW09A/0185)

Advertisement