Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian Restaurant Reviews (mostly Dublin)

Options
  • 15-11-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I review restaurants (mostly in Dublin) to help vegetarians pick the best places to eat (and the ones to avoid!). This is the link:

http://dublinreviewer.wordpress.com/

It's updated a few times a week so keep checking back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Had a look there, very good, great idea also, thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

The Gin Palace sounds like a great vegetarian restaurant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I was in the farm organic restaurant on dawson street about 2 weeks ago. smashing veggie options and really comfortable place

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

SanoVitae wrote: »
    The Gin Palace sounds like a great vegetarian restaurant! :D

Dunno about that but their jameson + ginger ale for a fiver is not to be missed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

what's that I hear...

the sound of the whole of boards simultaneously ordering jameson and ginger ale :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I review restaurants (mostly in Dublin) to help vegetarians pick the best places to eat (and the ones to avoid!). This is the link:

http://dublinreviewer.wordpress.com/

It's updated a few times a week so keep checking back!

Nice work! Your reviews seem to the point and you don't pull your punches, which is great.

One request: would it be possible to mention how well restaurants cater for vegans? I guess you're probably not vegan yourself, but even a quick comment on the range of vegan options or something would be really brilliant!

Otherwise keep up the good work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Dublin Vegetarian Reviewer

Hi Breezer, Thanks for the suggestion and the complement. I'll keep an eye out for the vegan options. I've been vegetarian for years but I mostly try to cook vegan and would prefer a vegan to vegetarian option when dining out. I haven't reviewed it yet, but the best vegan meal I've had in Ireland was in a relatively new restaurant in Wexford Town. It's called "Cistin Eile". I was there for a group meal. The veggie option was interesting, but I had heard that the chef is flexible and creative so I asked if they could do something vegan for me, which was no problem. The meal was very, very tasty and really creative. They also did a vegan dessert for me which was also excellent. I can't recommend this place enough. This level of creativity and flexibility is what I expect from somebody who earns their living as a chef. By the way, the omnivores were very pleased with their meals as well. It won't break the bank either. We were a group of 6. We all had 3 courses and plenty of wine for about €220 in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I was liking it until
    Comfortable: The dining area in the Plus Lounge is comfortable enough. I’m not a fan of screaming children and had paid for the Plus Lounge to be away from that kind of noise. I was surprised to see (and hear) babies in the area. I’m not sure that it’s fair to allow children into a lounge that is meant to be an expensive sanctuary from all sorts of noise.

http://dublinreviewer.wordpress.com/category/stena-ferry/
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Can we leave comments on the blog page itself?

Might be worth discussing the closure of nude in a new thread. Any idea what happened?

sweet-rasmus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement