Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Cook-Off in aid of the Simon Community **New Date!! Thu 13th Jan**

Options
  • 09-11-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

New Date Announced!
    We’re delighted to announce that the Cook-Off will take place on Thursday 13th January from 8-10pm in St. Andrew’s Resource Centre, 114 Pearse St. Apart from the venue change, the setup is exactly as before, with the 6th January as the new closing date for entries.

Please update your RSVP if necessary, and we look forward to seeing you there to taste and pronounce judgement on over 25 delicious dishes and help contribute to the Dublin Simon Community at the same time!:)
    As always, if you’ve any questions email vegantasticcookingcontest@gmail.com.

A very happy Christmas and New Year to you all,
    Fiona & Grace
    P.S. See vegantasticcookingcontest.blogspot.com for a map and directions to St. Andrew’s.

Old info with old date - was postponed due to the severe weather in Dublin
    Hey everyone, a Vegan Cook off is being held on the 2nd of December that some of you might be interested in attending. It's going to be on in Exchange Dublin on Exchequer St Upper and all proceeds are going to the Simon Community (there will be a small cover charge; €9 on the door, €6 with a valid student card.).
    From 8pm-10pm on Thursday 2nd December, Exchange Dublin will host a fun and very scrumptious Vegan Cook-Off! This contest will be an opportunity for you to support the Dublin Simon Community while treating your taste buds to a wide variety of delicious dishes, from chocolate chip cookies to creative chickpea concoctions! You will get to vote for your favourite dishes (one sweet, one savoury) and the winners of each category will receive prizes generously donated by The Hopsack health food shop in Rathmines.

The above details are from the Vegetarian Society of Ireland Website. You can contact the organisers through the Facebook page or using the details in the attached poster. You need to enter by Nov 22nd if you want to enter the competition.

I don't have the time to cook but I'll certainly to going along to support the cause! Anyone interested in coming along?

134299.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Will defo try and head to this. Sounds fun (and tasteh).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

anytime anything is ever happening, I'm working :o

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

That looks like a fun night. Hope I can make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I received a message from the organisers. The events has been postponed due to the weather.
    We are really sorry to announce our decision to postpone the contest due to the current weather conditions. We will be sorting out a new date as soon as possible, and it will still be amazing, so watch this space! And wrap up well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Aw :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

are you sure that it is not going ahead tomorrow night? There is no mention of it being cancelled on the facebook page for the event.

The organiser sent around messages to those on facebook who are attending. I will let them know that they should update the page.

New date announced - Thursday 13th January. Details in the OP.

The organisers reminded me earlier - the last day for signing up to enter your own dish is Saturday 8th January (tomorrow) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Petite Treats

Can't wait for this tonight! Hoping the contestants get to taste all the yummy food too!!

• Advertisement

That was delicious! Nyom nyom nyom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

How did it go? What dishes were good and who won?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭vaalea

This won for savory http://homeorganics.wordpress.com/?s=rice+avocado+sprouts

This won for sweet http://petitetreats.ie/

Very good but we were almost an hour late which sucked, waste of time appt beforehand.

The organisers have a blog about it (forgot to include it earlier). I'm looking forward to hearing how much they raised for the Simon Community. :)http://vegantasticcookingcontest.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I only went around to try the food after half an hour and two of the dishes were all eaten and gone. :( All very tastey and a great crowd.

Advertisement