Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Empty/Abandoned building to shoot music video

Options
  • 09-11-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone help? I am looking to shoot a very simple music video (not involving any actors) set in a derilict or empty building/ house. I am based in Bray but am willing to travel in and around the area. I need to find somewhere that is accessible and where we will be able to obtain permission easily. If anyone knows of anywhere like this please get in touch, you will be making my year!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

There is an empty old hotel in Greystones called 'La Touche' hotel. Not sure who is in charge of it, but it is well known so someone would know who to contact.

You may need to check out what insurance you would need to be in an old building too, in case of liability risks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 That Girl

Thanks for your response. I heard recently that this hotel is boarded up.. so no access. Any ideas as to who might know the owner?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,814 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

anywhere that is genuinely derilict, its unlikely the owners will want you gaining access.

The La Touche as mentioned is boarded up, unsafe, and owned by NAMA, so you can forget about that one for a start...

Starting to get worried that I might not find somewhere.. it's so essential to this video that the building look like it's not lived in. Thanks for your feedback anyway, fingers crossed that something will surface

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Smiths on the Boghall Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

That Girl wrote: »
    Can anyone help? I am looking to shoot a very simple music video (not involving any actors) set in a derilict or empty building/ house. I am based in Bray but am willing to travel in and around the area. I need to find somewhere that is accessible and where we will be able to obtain permission easily. If anyone knows of anywhere like this please get in touch, you will be making my year!!!

Ol farmhouse in blacklion.

It is on the Greystones and bray road.

As you come from bray just on your right as you go down the steep hill with the panaromic views of greystones and the sea. There are long troughs of light brown ploughed fields streching out to the sea on your left and an encroaching forest of decidouis tree's in neat formation on your right.

You should see a an old wrought iron gate peeling rust and green paint poking out of the parade of tree's. There is a beavers nest of branches and wood engulfing the entrance, designed no doubt; to keep people out. However on the property there is an assortment of old building's that you could use that you might gain access to.

The house has a Sydney AUS style to it. A very grand house in a very nice location with panaoramic views. A pity it is has been left to fall apart. Honestly what a shame.

Otherwise jump in the car and drive around and you should find somehwere. I know on the backroads behind The house i described in blacklion there are a few derilict houses. Aslo might be another entrance to that house on these roads.

Thanks so much, I will look into that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 johnallen

There is a large ex convent beside the catholic church in Baltinglass.

Advertisement