Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassist Available and looking for a new band

Options
  • 06-11-2010 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi I'm 16 and have been playing bass for over 3 years. Have been in bands before and gigged throughtout Dublin. My influences include Metallica, Korn, NOFX, Rancid, Streetlight Manifesto, The Who, Slipknot...
    I am looking to form a band (minimum drummer, guitarist and vocalist needed) based along these heavy rock sounds.
    If you're interested let me know...

Rob:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Rancidmaniac13

Hey,

I like your influences. Especially Streetlight Manifesto, what a band, and NOFX. If you can play bass like those bands I'm interested! I'm a guitarist trying to start an eclectic ska/punk band.

Where abouts are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 S_Len

I am based in Tallaght, whereabouts are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Rancidmaniac13

Oh yeah, probably should've mentioned that first. I'm in and around Dublin. Maynooth mostly but sometimes Portmarnock. So, close enough, I think. Also, now that I think of it, I'm 20.

My influences range from Sonic Boom Six, The Clash, The Cat Empire to Leftover Crack. Wanna make some interesting and energetic music people can really move to. PM me if you're interested, or if you got anymore questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 S_Len

hey man, sorry i dont wanna seem rude but im looking for people closer to my age, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

As you get older S Len you'll realise that a 4 year age gap is nothing and if that's the only thing stopping you, I'd say meet up for a jam anyway. The worst that happens is you don't click.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 linoleum

Hey rancidmaniac13. I'm 21 and interested in starting a punk/ska band if you're up for it? I could play bass or guitar (more confident on bass). My influences include streetlight manifesto, choking victim, leftover crack, NOFX, rancid, bad religion, the clash, the aggrolites, sublime, etc let me know if you're interested. I'm moving to portlaoise but i could meet anywhere along the M7 kildare, newbridge, naas, even dublin if needs be

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nitrus96

Any chance you are interested in playing thrash metal?

Advertisement