Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus - veggie meals

Options
  • 31-10-2010 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi, I just booked flights to the USA and there is no option while booking online to select a veggie meal. Seems you have to call an 0818 number to do this. Does anybody have any experience of this? Is anybody outraged that you have to call a premium number just because you don't eat meat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

FYI 0818 is not a premium rate number, it's a national rate number.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bigben121

just say it on the flight

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I think we rang a few days before hand just to remind them, and then mentioned it when we boarded.

From what I remember the veggie meal was quite disgusting. It was definitely worse on the way home.
    On the way there it wasn't too bad.

Don't even remember what it was at this stage.

Hope you have something nice though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bladeruner

smeedyova wrote: »
    Is anybody outraged that you have to call a premium number just because you don't eat meat?

Is anyone outraged at someone being outraged about something they dont even know about ?

I have never had any nice airline food , the Veggie option can be hit or miss.
    You can also try the Vegan meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

bigben121 wrote: »
    just say it on the flight
    I wouldn't try this, I've been told no before, that they don't routinely stock them on board and have to be ordered in advance. It wasn't Aer Lingus mind you, I can't remember which airline it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ice cubed

bladeruner wrote: »
    Is anyone outraged at someone being outraged about something they dont even know about ?

I have never had any nice airline food , the Veggie option can be hit or miss.
    You can also try the Vegan meal.
    I'll always go for the Asian vegetarian meal when available. I've had some god awful normal vegetarian meals on flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Of the past 3 or 4 long distance flights i've been on, the Veggie option was a rather unpleasant Moussaka. I just ended up eating the bread and biscuit..

But do ring in advance, as there is only limited Veggie available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hyenabutter

At the airline I worked for you definitely had to call in before, but I wasn't working for Aer Lingus. Can't see though why they should be different as economically wouldn't make sense to stock veggie meals.
    I'd go for the vegan anyway but you're probably (if you're ovo-lacto) better off to get the asian or so veggie meal..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Do most airlines actually provide a vegan option then? I was wondering about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

^ yep been on a few flights and had a vegan meal. On my flights last week to and from Taiwan I had vegan meals. They were ok - just loads of fruit as the dessert! I kind of got sick of it after a while!

When I flew Aer Lingus to the states a while back I think I just called them up and reserved a veggie meal. Was a quick and painless process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Breezer wrote: »
    Do most airlines actually provide a vegan option then? I was wondering about this.

They have a fairly comprehensive list of options like kosher, dairy-free, vegan, veggie, etc. They just buy them in and reheat them anyway, 'snot like there's an Aer Lingus chef dishing up his finest :pac:

Advertisement