Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open drug selling on Bray Main St

Options
  • 30-10-2010 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

So there I was talking a stroll along the main street on this lovely morning and just outside AIB was someone buying and selling drugs!!

This isnt the first or most probably not the last time ive seen this practise take place in the same spot!

Ive seen it going on for years so why on earth dont the gardai do anything about it!! In saying that why dont the gardai patrol the main st? I havent that in years!

It makes me understand why some people dont like the town when something so illegal happens very much in the open:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

What did you do about it? Did you report it to the Gardai?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

What did you do about it?

They opened a thread on boards.ie which you replied to!

testicle wrote: »
    They opened a thread on boards.ie which you replied to!

Very true......but my point was if we the public do nothing then it will continue, Bray is a ghost town with absolutely nothing in the place to entice anyone to go there, if the Gardai are not doing there jobs it is up to the public to complain about it. I am very rarely in Bray but if I saw something like this take place I would most certainly go out of my way to report it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Every Town in the Country Drug Deals go on its nothing new the Guards cant be everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Well if there were any gardai on the street of course I would report it at the time but since there is no point in closing the door after the horse has bolted......

I have on another occasion stepped in when some kids were troubling a child and got a hounded for it. I was followed all around the town and followed into shops so for my own safety I would never again step into a situation like that again.

But my main point is that Gardai NEVER seem to be on patrol on the main street and Ive lived here all my life! I have been a victim of crime plently of time nothing have ever been done about.

Im sure the Gardai are busy but Ive never seen it.

PS I also saw some kids walk straight out of some shops with unpaid for stock, again I see that all the time!!

• Advertisement

FluffyCat wrote: »
    Well if there were any gardai on the street of course I would report it at the time but since there is no point in closing the door after the horse has bolted......

I have on another occasion stepped in when some kids were troubling a child and got a hounded for it. I was followed all around the town and followed into shops so for my own safety I would never again step into a situation like that again.

But my main point is that Gardai NEVER seem to be on patrol on the main street and Ive lived here all my life! I have been a victim of crime plently of time nothing have ever been done about.

PS I also saw some kids walk straight out of some shops with unpaid for stock, again I see that all the time!!

And that is my point, the Gardai are never on the streets where they should be they would rather be stood on a road hassling the drivers of the country because that creates revenue, if the public make a point of reporting this sort of behaviour they are duty bound to react to a complaint, the local Gardai station telephone number should be in all our mobiles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

Bray garda station can be contacted on 01 6665300 - a quick call gives the gardai atleast the opportunity to respond - maybe you could save it in your phone for next time.

my personal opinion on this is that it's going to happen anyway - they'd probably be moved on but atleast the gardai will be aware of the minor players if they pass bye and the publics view of such activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

could you have picked up your mobile to let them know it was happening while it was happening? - I've done that myself - how are the guards supposed to know if you don't tell them?
    And now you have the number you can save it in your mobile

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

So there I was talking a stroll along the main street on this lovely morning and just outside AIB was someone buying and selling drugs!!

This isnt the first or most probably not the last time ive seen this practise take place in the same spot!

Ive seen it going on for years so why on earth dont the gardai do anything about it!! In saying that why dont the gardai patrol the main st? I havent that in years!

It makes me understand why some people dont like the town when something so illegal happens very much in the open:confused:

If it happens regularly on the same spot you should have reported it! The horse may have bolted but, according to you, it would have come back again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

My God Im feeling attacked here!! Remind me never to post here again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

I agree with you FluffyCat,given the amount of problems in Bray there should be a constant police presence on the streets. I live on the Dargle Road area and my kids and their friends have gotten jumped on a few times while walking through the Dargle Park and surrounding areas. It's gotten so bad that my 16 year old is afraid to walk down the road so I've to ferry him around everywhere.
    The guards have said my kids should report every little incident and eventually if a certain place is reported enough (eg. the park) they'll install cctv. In reality though this will take years if ever to come about...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

The Dargle road & around that area are the worst places. Its like the scumbags down there own the streets. Some takeaway services won't even drive down there in fear of getting mugged. It's like the Guards are a afraid to do anything to try & stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Gotta say that Main Street has gotten very shady in the last couple of months. As per the OP, people have told me that they've seen open drug deals are happening outside the church.

Bray as a shopping centre hasn't a chance if the perception is that it's not safe on the main street, and that's the perception that's taking hold I'm sorry to say.

My God Im feeling attacked here!! Remind me never to post here again!

You weren't being attacked - people were suggesting you report

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

elmer wrote: »
    Bray garda station can be contacted on 01 6665300 - a quick call gives the gardai atleast the opportunity to respond - maybe you could save it in your phone for next time.

my personal opinion on this is that it's going to happen anyway - they'd probably be moved on but atleast the gardai will be aware of the minor players if they pass bye and the publics view of such activities.
    Johnnymcg wrote: »
    could you have picked up your mobile to let them know it was happening while it was happening? - I've done that myself - how are the guards supposed to know if you don't tell them?
    And now you have the number you can save it in your mobile
    RosieJoe wrote: »
    If it happens regularly on the same spot you should have reported it! The horse may have bolted but, according to you, it would have come back again!
    Johnnymcg wrote: »
    You weren't being attacked - people were suggesting you report

The thread was started here to form a discussion on the situation.

I am very sure the poster knew what to do before he/she started this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Hi, As a trader in Bray, we are well aware of the difficulties in the town. However could I suggest if you see this type of activity again, call into one of the shops and tell them. We, the traders, have just installed a radio system which links ths shops and the gardai to each other. The offenders can be tracked until the gardai catch them. For you info there are plain clothes gardai operationg on the main st, so please either call the station or tell a shopkeeper.

Pataman wrote: »
    Hi, As a trader in Bray, we are well aware of the difficulties in the town. However could I suggest if you see this type of activity again, call into one of the shops and tell them. We, the traders, have just installed a radio system which links ths shops and the gardai to each other. The offenders can be tracked until the gardai catch them. For you info there are plain clothes gardai operationg on the main st, so please either call the station or tell a shopkeeper.

That is good to know! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

They seem to hang around the entrance to the village arcade waiting for the dealers to arrive and then do the deals up the arcade or in the carpark where there are no garda CCTV cams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Josh_Calvert

bray is a drugs mecca.I saw guys dealing drugs at the station a few years ago and there was a parked police car right there beside them and nothing happened.the things you see when waiting for an 84 :confused:

bray is a drugs mecca.I saw guys dealing drugs at the station a few years ago and there was a parked police car right there beside them and nothing happened.the things you see when waiting for an 84 :confused:
    right ok - so you saw one incident a few years ago

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement