Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimax reception in Bray !

Options
  • 27-10-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering what the reception was like with Wimax in the Bray area. Any customers who'd like to throw their 2 pence in?

kd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shellz

we got their 3mb line at the end of the summer and have nothing but trouble, as have my friends. i fought them over it and have had some credit applied to my account. we're downgraded to a 1mb line at the moment (which can be shaky too), and will be back to 3mb in early december; they've said there's a new mast going on the boghall road which should cancel out the problems we were previously having, as we are that end of the town.

i'm not entirely convinced by them at all, but as we had to fork out €100 for the outdoors mast on our chimney, we're kind of stuck with them for now until we make any savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ndowney

Please do post an update once the new mast is in place. I live off the Southern Cross and have been considering going with WiMax but, lets just say, I wont unless your experience suddenly improves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Shellz, I'm thinking of getting wimax 10mb in Bray. Would you recommend it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Don't know about the 10 meg, but we have had terrible problems with Wimax...constant dropping of signal..seems to have been resolved now with new Boghall mast, thanks be to goodness. I was going nuts paying for something I couldn't use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Hi Tea and coffee. What package are you on and is it actually usable? Do you know what the monthly download allowance is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ndowney

Hi Team and coffee, did you have to get a mast on the roof ?.

Also do you know of any other hourses in Boghall/Southern Cross area that got WinMax and if so how did they fare ?.

Regards,

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I was on the 1MB, am now on the 3MB (and I can't notice the difference, but then I am not techy) I don't know what the download speed is (I am sure it is whatever it says on their site, if it reaches those speeds!)

I just use it for surfing, emails, forums, so I find it fine. We have a mast outside our house (side wall)- they say that they can do one inside some people's houses but I wonder are they few and far between? I don't mind having the thing on the wall- its not obtrusive.

I've had no issues since they put up the new Boghall mast, I won't repeat what I was saying about them before that ;-)

HTH

Advertisement