Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie StarLeague Season 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Grimebox wrote: »
    God damn WoW. Didn't that also kill off the irish cs community?

1.6 was already dead really. Came right in time for us that hated cs:s

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

No such problem from me - don't touch WoW, can't stand it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I haven't touched WoW because I'd say I would love it and it would consume me. If south park has taught me anything, its to stay away from WoW.

Surely you can take time out once or twice a week dustaz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i got heavily addicted to phantasy star universe on the xbox.... so if i went near WoW, i would probably never see the light of day again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Grimebox wrote: »
    God damn WoW. Didn't that also kill off the irish cs community?
    Yeh it did. Or it killed what was left of it.

It will have an effect on sc2, mark my words:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Dustaz wrote: »
    Yeh it did. Or it killed what was left of it.

It will have an effect on sc2, mark my words:)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ex-WoW addict, so going to be trying my best to stay away from the new expansion. It looks damn good though. :/

I still love wow and leveling 1-60 back in vanilla and the southshore v tarren mill, and getting ready for 40 mans etc was probably the most enjoyment I have ever got out of a video game. I just play now whenever theres new content and I will probably play cata for a while but it will still be second to sc2, sc2 is perfect if dont have alot of time to game, can just jump on and jump off whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

DrMorphine wrote: »
    sc2 is perfect if dont have alot of time to game, can just jump on and jump off whenever.

Pretty much my thinking. It's hard to square WoW with a wife and two young kids. It just requires too much time to play at a high level. Raiding was one of the most enjoyable game experiences I've had but putting aside 4 hour slots of time twice to three times a week during "Prime Time" for getting kids to sleep just wasn't workable.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

Xanfel 451

cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I was raid leader and GM for a high end raiding guild in vanilla wow for 2 years. It crushed my soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I worked for Blizzard as a GM for nearly 2 years and I was a terrible guild leader for most of it :P

Just friends though with a few tag alongs we picked up along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Bumpity, have 17 signups so far. Hoping for around 24 but it looks like we have enough to run this either way. Gonna close signups on the 9th of November and post up the teams in the next couple of days after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicks

Chicks

Silver :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I got 2 mates that i think will sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

Khazidhea#617
    1700-1800 diamond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 orena

I'm in

orena.514

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Yeah sure why not

PinkFart

Bronze. I'm new don't judge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Starting to get excited for this now. But I have to get some practice in or I'll be a joke :S

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Same with myself shaping up nicely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    I was raid leader and GM for a high end raiding guild in vanilla wow for 2 years. It crushed my soul.
    You loved it.

I'd like to sign up:

DapperGent 301 Golds

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Deadloc

Im in

Deadlocked#566

Gold
    http://www.sc2ranks.com/eu/1385676/Deadlocked

PM me incase I forget to check this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

lejneb.369

platinum league

woop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

im in Vanyd.850

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

JackQ

Bronze league.

Will add in Char code as soon i can log back in to battle net...

SIGNUP DEADLINE 9TH NOVEMBER

Signup deadline is nearly upon us guys. If you know anyone who would be interested and hasnt posted get them on to do it.

If you are feeling pressured please provide their battlenet name with ID and/or Email contact.

Once signups are done we will be splitting out and sorting teams, so its critical everyone is in before deadline to keep things on schedule and smooth.

And get practising, it is looking like it could be very competitive ;)

*Obviously we have a list of players from this thread, once teams are announced, we will request further contact details ( mainly e-mail address) so that we can ensure we have a point of contact for every player.

Aswell as the forum here which will act as a core, we will also be sending out weekly newsletters with the weeks action, whose played who, current standing etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm very excited. I can finally get beaten my compatriots!

Did a name change from LEGEND to:

EIRELEGEND
    silver

Just incase you already took down names and you cant find me on bnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

/sign

• Advertisement

DrMorphine wrote: »
    Did a name change from LEGEND to:

EIRELEGEND

Just incase you already took down names and you cant find me on bnet.

Thats a very good point, if anyone has changed names since the freename change if you could let us know that would be smashing.

I've a small list of non boards users who are interested, and guys if you have the same try encourage them to sign up with an account, alot of communication will flow through here, and its a nice way to get a bit more traffic through this forum ;)

Don't worry if you dont have their emails, a battlenet name will suffice and you can be the initial point of contact until they can provide their own.

So i'll be nominating

Rakshaza
    Achilles
    Dreaded
    Ryu

Will confirm there attendance etc laters, but they all showed an interest.

Dustaz might know more information but I also know some of the european lads wanted a bang so I'll put their name down, and sure they cna withdraw if they arnt interested.

Wolfe
    Enbee
    arioch
    Flavor
    Shadow wrath
    Jester

Advertisement