Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monasterevin Badminton Club - members wanted!

Options
  • 20-10-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

Hey all, Monasterevin (and district!) badminton club would be happy to welcome new members. It is, of course (as you all know) badminton week this week!

Where: St Pauls Secondary School, Monasterevin

When: Tuesday nights, 8pm (though there's usually someone there from 7:45)

Why: We are a small club who meet to enjoy the game of badminton once a week (except when there's exams on!). If you're as "good" as we are, you'll probably enjoy it. And if you're a beginner, then you're probably as good as we are!

Why not: This section is intentionally blank.

Want to know more? Drop me a PM, or post here!

Prenderb.

PS - see you on Tuesday! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Is there a join up fee or a trial available?
    I would love to get in to the sport myself.
    I live in Milltown although it would take probably 20 mins to get to Monasterevin do you know of a club more in my direction in need of players/newbies?
    cheers,Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Hi Gregsor, I'm just going into gentle cajole mode now....

Why don't you come down Tuesday and see if you like it? There's a trial period alright, come and see how it goes for a night or two. It's only €5 contribution (sometimes we need a little more but if youre only trying out its €5) towards the hall for 2 hours... If you stick with it then there's a small insurance premium that needs to be paid but don't let that put you off.

Come on down and see if you enjoy it!

Added: If it helps, we have some players who join us from Portarlington and I know that one or two of our players come from as far afield as Kildangan!

On the off chance that anyone is reading this thread and intending to join us for some shuttlecock-battering, the hall is unfortunately closed for the next 2 weeks. That means no badminton in Monasterevin until Dec 14th. :(

Though if anyone wants to come and scout out what their New Year's Resolution for 2011 might be like, please do drop in.

Happy New Year all of you! No doubt everyone has a resolution to play more badminton in 2011? Well, I have the easy answer! Come to Monasterevin! We return on Tuesday 4th January at the St Paul's school gym where we have 3 courts and open arms for new members. Please come and try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 theme song

Hi Ya

Hmm Badminton sounds interesting , would love to give it a go , might be able to rope a mate into giving it a trial. Is it still the same the same time etc & would I need to call someone first??

Cheers:)

• Advertisement

theme song wrote: »
    Hi Ya

Hmm Badminton sounds interesting , would love to give it a go , might be able to rope a mate into giving it a trial. Is it still the same the same time etc & would I need to call someone first??

Cheers:)

Great to hear of some interest! Same bad-time, same bad-place (See what I did there? Sorry...)

Feel free to drop down tomorrow, around 8. No need to call first, but do please feel free to PM me if you want any more details, info, who to ask for, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 theme song

Great PrenderB, I will pm you next week , wont be able to make it tomorrow eve, looking forward to it , thanku :)

Hi ts, and others. Unfortunately due to mock exams there will be no badminton in monasterevin till 1st February. Sorry- stay interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clairey2

Hi.just spotted your thread.I would be really interested in giving badminton a try.haven't played from school and not very fit but full of enthusiasm!
    Am I too late in the day to join the posse for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ROS123

clairey2 wrote: »
    Hi.just spotted your thread.I would be really interested in giving badminton a try.haven't played from school and not very fit but full of enthusiasm!

Good timing I think it's starting back this week again, now that the school has reopened.

• Advertisement

As ROS123 suggested yeah, badminton is back on 6th September, please do come on over!

One thing...I don't have a racquet.wide it be poss to borrow one for the night?

One thing...I don't have a racquet.wide it be poss to borrow one for the night?

Yeah, there's usually a spare or 2 lying around - come on over!

Cool.I hope to make it alright.thank you

Anyone else interested in the ol' badminton? Now that the evenings are starting to draw in, come and pick up a racket!

Advertisement