Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popular sweets suitable for veggies

Options
  • 16-10-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Halloweens coming up so what sweets are suitable for veggies? So far I only know of Love Hearts :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Not that i'm recommending buying from them ( don't even think they ship to Ireland) But they have a good selection of veggie sweets that you could use as a reference for looking in Irish shops.

http://www.sweetieworld.co.uk/vegetarian_sweets/?rpp=90

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Products which are suitable from the Mars range can be viewed here.
    GALAXY MINSTRELS
    GALAXY RIPPLE
    GALAXY milk chocolate products excluding those with other inclusions
    GALAXY Smooth Dark
    MALTESERS - milk chocolate
    MARS - standard, Duo and Snacksize
    REVELS - all components
    SNICKERS - standard, Duo and Snacksize
    TRACKER - all varieties
    TWIX
    TWIX FINO

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

Apart from chocolate,
    The Jellybean Factory's beans contain no gelatine (Tesco)
    Haribo's Funny Mix is gelatine Free (Tesco)
    Lidl do sour spaghetti in strawberry, apple or cola flavour that's gelatine free, might be a bit messy but you could get a kick from telling little kids it's witch's hair or something :P.
    Ummm, Jelly tots, and the little bags they come in would be dead handy for handing out - actually they were on offer while I was in Tesco today, a pack of four of the little bags for 75c.
    Lollipops would be a good option for handing out too, just check what colourings they use or if they have chewy centres that might contain gelatine.

Lol, sweet tooth? Me? Nah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Products which are suitable from the Mars range can be viewed here.

Whoa. Since when were Twixes suitable?

I've yet to see any here in Ireland that have the Suitable for Vegetarians label. The Mars and Snickers yes, but Twix no.

That's a Uk website so I wouldn't bank on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Their not veggie unless something has changed recently

• Advertisement

Their not veggie unless something has changed recently

Something must have changed Tar, if we make them here in Ireland as they do in the UK.

It's on the list.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dunno if we do, it does looked tagged on at the end

I agree it does. But it is on the official website, isn't it?

Yep, just saying they might have changed recipe and tagged them on, leaving spaces to show the change? Or else just made a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Mars sucks
    http://marscandykills.com/

yeah I know it's peta and all the baggage that brings with it, but it's something to consider............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I emailed Mars yesterday. The list is confirmed as it is on the website. I haven't checked the product packaging mind you, as I don't eat dairy/eggs myself. Note: I did specifically say I was asking about products sold in Ireland.
    Mars wrote:
    Dear sweet-rasmus,

Thank you for contacting us at Mars.

Mars' overriding concern is to manufacture and sell products that meet the highest standards of quality and safety and to satisfy our consumers’ needs. We require our suppliers to ensure that the raw materials they provide to us comply with our own strict internal quality and safety requirements as well as with all applicable laws and regulations.

Mars, has always been committed to the well-being of all animals and we comply with all laws regulating to this subject.

We recognise that some of our consumers are concerned about the welfare of battery hens. Accordingly, in our snackfood products, we are in the process of moving from using eggs from battery hens to using eggs produced by barn-kept hens.

We have already changed to using barn eggs in our Dutch factory as from Autumn 2007. In France and the United Kingdom we switched to barn eggs in January 2008.

Our Polish factory is our only snackfood factory in Europe that will not use barn eggs in the short term but we have started to investigate the availability of barn eggs for supply to that factory .

Please find below a list of our chocolate products that are suitable for a vegetarian diet.

GALAXY® BUBBLES™
    GALAXY COUNTERS®
    GALAXY MINSTRELS®
    GALAXY RIPPLE®
    GALAXY Smooth Dark Chocolate
    GALAXY Smooth Milk Chocolate

MALTESERS - Milk Chocolate

MARS® - Snacksize, Standard Bar & Duo

REVELS®

SNICKERS® - Snacksize, Standard Bar & Duo

TRACKER® - all varieties

TWIX®
    TWIX FINO®

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that other Mars chocolate and ice cream products, not included on this list, are suitable for vegetarians.

For the vegetarian status of our drinks, please visit our dedicated website www.drinkmars.com

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Just posted this in the special offers thread, 99c in Aldi on Thursday for Halloween, Haribo Funny Mix.

Advertisement