Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Genealogy

Options
  • 08-10-2010 3:53pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

I am researchnig my bray roots and was Just wondering if anyone else is.

Some of lot disappeared between 1889 to 1911 :rolleyes:

just wondering if anyone wanted help each other out/share information/stories.

am also looking for a graveyard somewhere on old connaught avenue :confused:

am also planning a photograph trip to st. peter cemetary

IB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

have you looked at the 1901 and 1911 census? Not sure where the old connaught avenue graveyard is - the Bray churches may have records and you could probably get help from the Bray Cualann historical society and the Bray Library and Henry Kearns at the town hall bookshop

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    have you looked at the 1901 and 1911 census? Not sure where the old connaught avenue graveyard is - the Bray churches may have records and you could probably get help from the Bray Cualann historical society and the Bray Library and Henry Kearns at the town hall bookshop

thanks, i have am well passed the 1901 Census at this stage :)

i dont live in bray and was just wondering if anyone else was searching their bray families, i could share some of the information i have :)

am heading into the archives in the next week or so to look at the bray registers.

i think i found my missing graveyard, i think it is on ballyman road

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tonyon

Would be very happy to exchange info and share idea's on research etc. Get in touch?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 astronige

theres a bit of talk from people regarding old graveyards under the "hauntings in bray" in the wicklow thread :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

irishbird wrote: »
    thanks, i have am well passed the 1901 Census at this stage :)

i dont live in bray and was just wondering if anyone else was searching their bray families, i could share some of the information i have :)

am heading into the archives in the next week or so to look at the bray registers.

i think i found my missing graveyard, i think it is on ballyman road

Pm me - I have family up that way going back a long long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭eigrod

Page 75 of this link has some contact details that might prove useful :

http://www.crossborder.ie/pubs/localhistory.pdf

Advertisement