Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day9 FunDay Monday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I have to say I think that Day9 is one of the best commentaries out there. I find him completely halarious to watch.

Im not new to SC. Used to play BW back a few years ago, but this was mostly friends V's AI on the LAN. Having never played SC any way other than Co-Op against AI, I really want to start playing some ladder and whatnot.

This is where I started watching various different guys on youtube.

I also enjoy watching ForceSC2strategy, BlizShouter, and PsyStarcraft.
    SaharaDrac can also be good from time to time.

Ive skipped out on this weeks Funday Monday - username is Anotheridiot - but look forward to these videos the most. :)

Ill finish out with the best SC commentary quote
    "I went three ghost academy nukes transitioning into losing my whole fracking base"
    - pure quality giggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

199 is the last episode - no 200 yet? I think Day9 said he was away for a bit - suspecting its this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well he was at IEM came home then off to MLG for the weekend and he has another tournamenet he is going away to straight away, he said episode 203 would be Thursday so I guess a new episode goes up todya at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i like his commentary,
    well like most of the sc2 commentary, i like it,
    the extra bit of reasoning and what not while watching.

but im not a fan of him stopping the replay so he can try explain something.

thats why i like hdstarcraft that bit more.
    hes just goes on with it.

although i am starting to like day9 a bit more. Just need to ignore some of his going ons.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    i like his commentary,
    well like most of the sc2 commentary, i like it,
    the extra bit of reasoning and what not while watching.

but im not a fan of him stopping the replay so he can try explain something.

thats why i like hdstarcraft that bit more.
    hes just goes on with it.

although i am starting to like day9 a bit more. Just need to ignore some of his going ons.

HD etc commentate.

Day 9 analyses. He stops so he can make sure you know the point of x and y.

He caters for a very broad range of skill which I like to see and I like when he stops and makes you understand something, its good stuff.

Remember those shows are done live and he has a screen that just takes questions so I'm sure there are people that appreciate him taking the time to explain stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Great show really. Have to agree with him - the last one (halfsies) was a bit off. Did like the final match where one player built everything and one just gathered resources.

Must be hard on the player that is doing everything - attack, defend, defend other base :) Have to get lucky too - if they attack the gatherer at the right time, it's insta-gg.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Whats this week monday funday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

next week's is you must attack every 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »

Attack with all your units not counting workers and Queens to be specific. Poking up with a control group of zerglings doesn't count. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »

Definately a response to people turtling so much in replays he has to watch for these :D

🤪

• Advertisement

I like these sort of dailies. As much as they are a laugh, they teach you some fundamentals.

Granted every five minutes is a bit OTT, you might start learning the "feel" of when to attack and when not too, learning about battles you can win and you cant.

I thought the expanding thing was a bit mad, but tried three games myself and found myself getting three bases with ease and went onto win the games, ( granted only customs against a mate) but it was well interesting.

We kept throwing little assaulting forces on each other, knowing obviously when we were expanding and it made the game pretty intense and well fun :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Just watched the latest..............really funny. As usual losing your base featured prominently.....but the builds were quite good.

Forget about going for siege, thors or banshees to help your marines, just go straight to cruisers....

While a fun example it does show how certain units can complement each other. Marines/helions use minerals, the cruisers use your gas. And I did like the wall off at the bottom of the ramp with bunkers at the top......

Advertisement