Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' back on October 21st

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Angelos was ****in hilarious tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I forgot it was on tonight is it repeated any time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

casio4 wrote: »
    I forgot it was on tonight is it repeated any time?

On youtube already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZEQPoqcAkY&feature=g-u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

Colmo52 wrote: »
    The Preston episode was brilliant though.

That was the episode I finally gave up on it. Just struck me as nasty, taking cheap shots at the guy's wife. I know I'll be accused of lacking a sense of humour but I reckon Preston should have thumped the obnoxious little ****

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

It was all an act from Amstell though (and a very good one too imo). Has anyone seen his standup? Hes a very different person from the one in Buzzcocks. In Buzzcocks he just followed on from what Mark Lamarr was doing, so anyone who went on the show knew they were gonna get the p*ss extracted. Its not Simons fault he was so damn good at it :D

Good episode last night. Fair play to Cilla, but Angelos defo stole the show :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,744 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump for this..

.. looks like it's back for a new series tonight!
    New series. Actress Kathy Burke takes a turn in the host's chair as the comedy music quiz returns. Team captains Phill Jupitus and Noel Fielding are joined by N-Dubz rapper Fazer, Olympic long jump champion Greg Rutherford, Mark Hoppus of pop-punk band Blink-182 and comedienne Sarah Millican
    BBC2 London 10:00pm-10:30pm (30 minutes) Mon 24 Sep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Basq wrote: »
    Bump for this..

.. looks like it's back for a new series tonight!
    BBC2 London 10:00pm-10:30pm (30 minutes) Mon 24 Sep

... and at the prime 11.50pm slot if you only have access to BBC2 Norn Iron

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Returns with Greg Davies as host next Tuesday at 9pm on Sky Max

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Not feeling this at all, feels very bland so far

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

I don't feel like Sky is the right place for the type of edgy humour in the original version, Channel 4 or BBC2 would allow them more freedom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,861 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

is it nevermind the woke buzzcocks?

I don't think it's that bad, though I'm sure they weigh up the demographics of each guest, to make sure groups are represented. Just lacks the cutting humour the original had (I'd imagine they're wary of slagging off anyone, whereas anything was fair-game in the previous incarnation)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm enjoying it a lot. As the_dave said, different eras and different sensitivities (rightly or wrongly) mean that the latitude you'd have been shown years ago to pillory someone just isn't there any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

There's the problem! They do this on HIGNFY and it has kinda spoilt it - choose 4 guests because they are humourous, not to fill racial / sexual quotas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,861 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I enjoyed but I felt old :)

It should have been Frankie Boyle hosting it. It's as perfect as can be for his humour and I can still remember that episode he hosted it. Was better than even Amstell which afterwards, should have become obvious to the producers as to who should replace him.

That team captain Daisy has the most irritating laugh ever, hard to fathom why she got the gig. Doesn't seem to tick many boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

The show is just a shell of its former self ...

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭setanta1000

Greg Davies is no Simon Amstell and therein lies the problem with this reboot. Even worse is it feels like it was specifically made for old farts like me, again which is anathema to the vibe of the original show.

4 out of 10

• Maybe the old Frankie Boyle. His current "progressive" persona is mind numbingly transparent and false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Whatever version Sky put out was never going to compare to the Simon Amstell or the Mark Lamarr hosted versions. The second you expect the same or try to compare it, it was never going to be the same.

I am enjoying it. It's not can't miss television for sure but it is a good laugh. I'm not Daisy's biggest fan and would love Bill Bailey back there but such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anything4883

Daisy has this ruined before its began.

Makes Jimmy Carr's laugh sound intellectual

• Registered Users Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭briany

Never the same after Amstell left. I know a lot of people like Lamarr better, and I liked him, too, but I found him a bit too edgy and aggressive at times, and it could be like he didn't know when to stop. Simon was more innocent, although that innocence belied an ability to dish out some acerbic wit of his own.

Dappy: I'm from Camden Town. (to audience) Who knows about Camden Town??? I call it the capital of London because of the market...

Simon: Please stop talking to them.

That was a thing that used to p*ss me off about BBC panel shows. The normal host leaves or gets sacked or whatever and then they bring in a rotating guest host (not literally, though it might have been interesting), and the show just loses its personality. The interplay between the captains and the host was half the fun. Having a different host each week meant you didn't know what kind of show you were getting, and also that you'd get a lot of people who were useless anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,108 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

23rd of August (new)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Back then the guests were generally picked for their abilty. Now it's a box ticking exercise, particularly noticeable in HIGNFY. Even the quiz shows do it - always 2 males / 2 females in the Chase (if you ever catch a repeat of an early episode it wasn't always the case).

Advertisement