Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' back on October 21st

Comments

• I just watched it there and it wasn't that bad. There were one or two bad jokes, but it seemed like those came from the autocue, so it wasn't necessarily his fault as such - whoever wrote them is to blame. There's only so much someone can do with terrible jokes. I quite liked the ending when they sang "I dreamed a dream" from Les Miserable. That song has always had a soft spot with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I really enjoyed it! I thought Groban was hilarious as a host, really self-depracating and his timing was brilliant. I thought it was one of the better ones this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

I can't remember a poorer series. All the contestants on the Terry Wogan episode "laughing" at his jokes, what brown nosing. Why do the audience clap at jokes, I mean ffs

nmtb should be given a decent burial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Only learned about the Jedward episode because of this thread and just watched it on youtube, Its a weird one.

On the one hand Jack Dee is an insufferable cnut whose career i wish would die a death as much as Jedwards. Additionally Noel Fielding was a bit of a dick with that joke about Ireland.

On the other hand Jedward are a national embarrassment and i must be honest, ive never cringed so much in my life, i could barely breath when one of them was prancing around the desk playing cowboys and indians.

In summary, everyone looked like a compete asshole on that show except for Jack Dee who simply cant sink any farther.

Furthermore in Jedwards defense, they are only a pair of young lads making the most of whats going on and they clearly shouldnt be on a show where the guests are expected to be almost professional comedians in their own right so that theres a bit of give and take banter wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just watching Josh Groben's episode now.

I'm really enjoying it :) I think he's a good host.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,744 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Frankie Boyle episode is on now..

.. he's gonna tear Michelle Williams apart methinks!

He referred to Noel Fielding as looking "like a bisexual Doctor Who"! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

basquille wrote: »
    The Frankie Boyle episode is on now..

.. he's gonna tear Michelle Williams apart methinks!

He referred to Noel Fielding as looking "like a bisexual Doctor Who"! :D

Saw it last night. They should have Frankie on more often.(Permanent Host maybe?)

Colmo52 wrote: »
    Saw it last night. They should have Frankie on more often.(Permanent Host maybe?)
    Very good.. but he'd never go for being a permanent host on it.

More laughs so far than on his entire 6-episode run of 'Tramadol Nights'..

Fielding's on fire this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Just watched Frankie's episode there, they edited out the joke he made about the hospital that Michelle supports but that was to be expected I guess! Great show overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

For me, that single episode with Frankie Boyle has made up for the last 5 years without Lamarr.:D

ROFL at him calling Anne Widdecombe a Homophobic human mudslide.:p

• Advertisement

Saw the final Buzzcocks episode of the series last week.. was just a compilation hosted by David O'Doherty.

But since I had the show series linked on Sky, I did notice another episode on Wednesday night. Thought it was odd, but turns out it's the Russell Brand episode that never aired.
    The BBC has announced that it will finally transmit Russell Brand's appearance on Never Mind The Buzzcocks.

The episode, in which Brand features as a guest captain, was originally due to air in October 2008. However, it was dropped from the schedules after Brand and Jonathan Ross left offensive messages on Fawlty Towers actor Andrew Sachs's answerphone during a Radio 2 show.

The Get Him To The Greek star, who married Katy Perry last year, used to date Sachs's granddaughter Georgina Baillie.

Brand resigned from the BBC following the incident and Ross was suspended from the corporation for three months without pay.

The show also features chef Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, singer Rachel Stevens and rapper Sway.

It will be shown on BBC2 on Wednesday, January 19 at 10pm.
    Source: DigitalSpy

FINALLY.. looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Thats a nice surprise, and as its a 2008 ep it should have Simon Amstell as host

Yeah, Amstell hosted it alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yay! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Wow... this has just reestablished in my mind how much I dislike Russell Brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Same here, I'm beginning to think it was pulled purely because he's unbearably unfunny and this episode is a blot on an otherwise great series hosted by Amstell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Same here, I'm beginning to think it was pulled purely because he's unbearably unfunny and this episode is a blot on an otherwise great series hosted by Amstell.
    tbh that series was pretty poor.

Simon was awful I thought, he seemed to be sucking up to Russell.

Also Rachel Stevens was the butt of most of the jokes and she is a complete charisma and personality vacuum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

New series starts tonight.
    New series. 1/12. Anarchic music quiz. Team captains Phill Jupitus and Noel Fielding are joined by Louie Spence, Sugababe Amelle and Peter Serafinowicz, with guest host David Hasselhoff.

23:50 on BBC2 NI, or 22:00 on BBC2 England if you fancy skipping Antaine Ó Donnaile and Cormac Ó hÁdhmaill travelling from Portstewart to Benburb by sea kayak in Sruthanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Hope Simon Amstell never returns to the show. Stopped watching after one series of him presenting, can't stand how he performs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hope Simon Amstell never returns to the show. Stopped watching after one series of him presenting, can't stand how he performs.

He was the best thing about the show.

Had no idea..

.. David Hasselhoff guest host? Is there anyone unfunnier than him! :(
    Agreed.. Simon, although cruel, was absolutely hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

He was the reason I stopped watching. Hated his mannerisms and how he just performed the role in general. Just my personal opinion, I know nearly everyone else loved him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

23:50 on BBC2 NI, or 22:00 on BBC2 England if you fancy skipping Antaine Ó Donnaile and Cormac Ó hÁdhmaill travelling from Portstewart to Benburb by sea kayak in Sruthanna.

Cheers for that, I hadn't heard any news about the new series at all.

BBC Northern Ireland's mental scheduling never changes - one of the many reasons to go Digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Basq wrote: »
    David Hasselhoff guest host? Is there anyone unfunnier than him! :(
    He wasn't too bad, but then he embraced the meme and started referring to himself as The Hoff :rolleyes:
    Skid wrote: »
    one of the many reasons to go Digital.
    It's a pity you can't Sky+/series link on self-tuned channels. I rarely watch things at their scheduled times any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,928 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Basq wrote: »
    Had no idea..

.. David Hasselhoff guest host? Is there anyone unfunnier than him! :(

Yes, Phil Jupitus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

oh wow - Lorraine should host every week!

Same here. I slightly warmed to him after a while though. One thing being a prick but an unfunny(imo) prick isn't entertaining.

Still didn't stop me watching the show unlike Mock the Week after Frankie Boyle left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Same here. I slightly warmed to him after a while though. One thing being a prick but an unfunny(imo) prick isn't entertaining.

The Preston episode was brilliant though.

• Advertisement

Colmo52 wrote: »
    The Preston episode was brilliant though.

:D

It was indeed and I suppose only a prick like Amstel could generate that much rage in someone.:p

Advertisement