Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' back on October 21st

Comments

• And then he wouldn't stop pushing that blasted button. Funny to see Pat Sharpe back again. Hilarious when himself and the opera singer, who turned out to be pretty funny, so tempted to pick him in the lineup. Then Westwood uses it at the end. Way to destroy something that was funny there, gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,744 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am watching it now..

.. Westwood is f*cking awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

It was awful from start to finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I didn't even get to the end of the first teams question of the first round before I switched off. That man is an all might dick.

• This episode was so much better than last weeks. The judge was so so funny. Loved the part when someone in the audience shouted "batman!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Really enjoyed last nights episode! By god that dancer fella was annoying though. Its like a Jedward from the future ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Only watched the westwood one there, omg he's bad. And not even bad in a funny way; just stop talking. Tim Minchin for permanent host tbh

• Watch the newest episode- that host was pretty excellent too.

Lee Mack was excellent.. reminded me slightly of Amstell - slightly childish, good fun but not nearly as insulting.

Probably the best guest host so far this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Namlub wrote: »
    Only watched the westwood one there, omg he's bad. And not even bad in a funny way; just stop talking. Tim Minchin for permanent host tbh

Or Mr.O'Doherty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

I didn't like Minchin all that much, maybe I'm just too attached to Amstell's style of hosting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Jesus H fcukin Christ how bad was Westwood?!?? The guests were great, even JLS but that fcukin eejit simply ruined the show. The identity parade was excrutiating.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Lee Mack was on top form the other night..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Juliette Lewis - worst host ever? Clearly had no idea what was going on, and you could tell that most of the jokes they got her to read made no sense to her.

• I haven't seen it yet but I'd be surprised if anyone could be as bad as Tim Westwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Juliette Lewis was sooo bad. It doesn't help that I don't like her anyway but I honestly dont think I laughed once during that whole episode. Her 'being funny' was reading the autocue and then making a bewildered face. And constantly asking "Am i doing this right?"

I think Lee Mack or Minchin for permanent host! I loved ODoherty but i think every week would be a bit much and I dont know could I handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,730 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ah it was funny enough,she's a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

She was nowhere near as bad as Westwood

God, that was cringeworthy and really awful..

.. and yet she was better was than Westwood.

To be fair, the panelists suffer with a poor host.. and that happened this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Worse than Westwood, who at least knew the sort of show he was on and was ignorable. Terry Wogan for permahost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Agreed. Wogan was brilliant on the show.

• Realistically though, I can't see Wogan becoming permahost on the show. Lee Mack or Tim Minchin is more likely.

• Just watched it there Juliette Lewis is nowhere as bad as Tim Westwood. She was absolutely insane, but that's who she is. She is just that crazy. Westwood was just a complete and utter gob****e without a single ounce of humour in his body. As for her not getting the jokes, she's American and spends most of her time there, so it's somewhat understandable that she couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Was at Frankie Boyles stand up show the other night and he was telling us about the episode of this that he recorded a few weeks back that they didn't air!

It sounded amazing so would love to see them air it, apparently he gave Michelle from Destiny's Child an awful doing to the point where she refused to take part any further!

Was at Frankie Boyles stand up show the other night and he was telling us about the episode of this that he recorded a few weeks back that they didn't air!

It sounded amazing so would love to see them air it, apparently he gave Michelle from Destiny's Child an awful doing to the point where she refused to take part any further!

It's the last episode in the series so it won't be on until January. lol did he give the impression that they just weren't going to show it because of his outrageous ways?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Namlub wrote: »
    It's the last episode in the series so it won't be on until January. lol did he give the impression that they just weren't going to show it because of his outrageous ways?:rolleyes:

Well he said the Tim Westwood episode was aired instead of it. Yeah he did but you could see why they wouldn't air it, some of the jokes were OTT and the introductions for his guests were awfully insulting.

This week's episode (Josh Groban is host) is about half-way through on BBC2 London.

Caught it from the start, but Groban isn't great. Suprising as he was very witty as a guest a season or two back.

As far as I know, it isn't on BBC NI until next Monday:
    BBC2 N Ireland 11:00pm Mon 27 Dec
    Season 24 Episode 10 of 12
    Singer Josh Groban hosts the comedy music quiz, with comedian Charlie Baker, hip-hop artist Tinchy Stryder, singer-songwriter KT Tunstall and West End star Michael Ball joining team captains Noel Fielding and Phill Jupitus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Watching it myself, Jupitus was acting really stupid with the whole "your hosting not singing" thing.

Pretty poor episode altogether tbh!

• Advertisement

Aww, he was really good when he was a guest though...

Advertisement