Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is a nicer town - Blessington or Baltinglass ?

Options
  • 04-10-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Firstly I'm not trying to decide which town to move to ! :D I have been coming up from Wexford on the bus for years and passed through both towns on the way.Just wondering which town is nicer in your view as I don't know either place all that much.Blessington seems to be a much more pleasant town as you drive through it.Baltinglass has some nice houses approaching from the Tullow side and the apartments near the bus stop are nice but apart from that Baltinglass always seems a very dull place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 MR.VICE PRESIDENT

Neither :L I can't say much do as I live in Bray..

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Blessington is nicer..
    Nicer to go out in and Dublin Bus does the 65 bus through it.
    Although it is full of Dubs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Havn't been to either but based on friends/families experience, Blessington.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

+1 For Blessington, love it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Blessington.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Blessington is nicer..
    Nicer to go out in and Dublin Bus does the 65 bus through it.
    Although it is full of Dubs..
    Can't stand the anti-blow in mentality here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Voltwad wrote: »
    Can't stand the anti-blow in mentality here :(
    Just remind them that they wouldn't have the few facilities they enjoy in the town if the population hadn't been boosted.

Anyway, you'll always be a blow-in I'm afraid. My father moved out here from Marino over 30 years ago. He's still a blow-in in the eyes of the locals. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Nevore wrote: »
    Just remind them that they wouldn't have the few facilities they enjoy in the town if the population hadn't been boosted.

Anyway, you'll always be a blow-in I'm afraid. My father moved out here from Marino over 30 years ago. He's still a blow-in in the eyes of the locals. :D

your right there mate ,blow in's all of us! unless you lived here when they flooded the old town your a blow in! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Well I'm from Laragh so a wicklow man all the way. I lived in Dublin for a period of my life and regardless of my Laragh/Wicklow status still get referred to as a Dub! Some people there is just no pleasing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

Both are beautiful, and both have different qualities.
    I live in Baltinglass, we originally looked at blessington though - but we wanted to move a bit further out....
    Blessington is gorgeous, great facilities, on a bus route to dublin
    You have the country feel, yet you are so close to Dublin.

Baltinglass is beautiful - although to some it looks dull - it depends on what you are into.
    Personally we love the simple life down here - the little things like the staff in the local shops are always so pleasant, everyone knows everyone (which can have its positives and negatives)

Both blessington and baltinglass are full of dubs - so what??
    We are dubs, and we dont plan on ever moving back!
    We love it here!!
    The one negative is the N81 - death trap!

• Advertisement
Advertisement