Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vegan/veggie places in Kerry

Options
  • 02-10-2010 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Anyone know any good ones?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

The Region -> South -> Kerry forum might have a suggestion for you if you want to try asking there?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

hi what part of kerry are u in. id be in killarney, lots of vegetarian food around, not many vegan though. the 'stonechat' have lovely food, they do baked pototoes with mixed bean salads. massive and yummy!!! have a few options there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Haarlz

loueuro2 wrote: »
    hi what part of kerry are u in. id be in killarney, lots of vegetarian food around, not many vegan though. the 'stonechat' have lovely food, they do baked pototoes with mixed bean salads. massive and yummy!!! have a few options there.

traleee.but killarney isnt far away :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

loueuro2 wrote: »

sounds like heaven to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

The Bricín in Killarney isn’t vegetarian but they have a veggie option. The last time I was there I used the Early Bird menu and had a delicious mushroom nut roast. It was so fresh.

The Breadcrumb bakery in Kenmare – lots of veggie food e.g. sambusaks, falafel, baked spuds, soup, salad plus lots of bread and sweet cakes. They extended the bakery into a café this year. Manuella who owns it is a bit of craic.

Cul Sairdin Whole Food Vegetarian Café on Main street Dingle, near the Droichead beag pub. There’s a garden where you can eat. It has a very relaxed vibe going on.

The Phoenix Restaurant is vegetarian and it just about a mile out of Castlemaine on the Dingle road. It’s the sort of place that you would book a table for a night out.

If you find any place to recommend or even not recommend please let us know. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Another one is the Plaza Bar and Grill in the Plaza Hotel in Killarney.

They do a vegetarian grill. And a veggie stir fry. Veggie Quiche. Fab salads. (may be a little biased) Seriously though! Really nice.

The Smoke House in Killarney also does nice veggie options.

There used to be a FAB veggie restaurant in Killarney years ago. Closed down though. Boo.

No idea about Tralee. I avoid the place. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Haarlz

Thanks everyone :)
    Lia_lia wrote: »
    Another one is the Plaza Bar and Grill in the Plaza Hotel in Killarney.

They do a vegetarian grill. And a veggie stir fry. Veggie Quiche. Fab salads. (may be a little biased) Seriously though! Really nice.

The Smoke House in Killarney also does nice veggie options.

There used to be a FAB veggie restaurant in Killarney years ago. Closed down though. Boo.

No idea about Tralee. I avoid the place. :pac:
    yeah wouldnt blame you about tralee its horrid!!
    thanks ill try it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

ha ha thanks, im living there 27 years and i didnt know about those places!!!

Advertisement