Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan in Edinburgh

Options
  • 02-10-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hi. Friend is a vegan and is getting married in Edinburgh in 2 weeks. There are only 9 of us going. Has anyone got any recommendations for a restaurants to eat in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

The Happy Cow has lots of recommendations if you want to look up places there. We have one poster on boards who lived there for a while but I'm not sure if she's on much these days... Either way, she said the restaurants there were great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Thanks. I will check that out!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

It's me, I was in Edinburgh for a while :)

When I was living there I mainly ate in Suzie's but I just checked and it's closed now, unfortunately. Other restaurants/café's I'd recommend are Hendersons and The Forest

Both are vegetarian but with vegan options. If it's more of a formal, sit-down dinner you're looking for then I'd suggest Hendersons, but if you just want something more casual then The Forest would probably be better. The Forest is cool too because they have a free shop at the front where you can just take stuff that other people don't want and they have free internet too.

Henderson's is closest to the city centre.

There's another fine dining place called David Bann, it's just off the Royal Mile, but it was so expensive I never tried it! It's supposed to be good though so if you're looking for something fancy maybe try there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Thanks very much. I will pass the info on to my friend and let her check it out. we will be over there for a few days so we might get a chance to try a few:D I love food!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

No problem, enjoy yourself, it's a great city! If you have a chance you should try get out to Cramond, it's a suburb quite far out from the city centre but it's really lovely, right by the sea! Stockbridge is lovely too, like a little village that a city grew around. It's only 5 or 10 minutes walk from town and there's loads of great charity shops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

I'd definitely recommend David Bann, they have loads of vegan options and I went there with all omni friends and they loved it! And it really isn't that pricey at all - similar to an Irish restaurant for dinner!

Also make sure you go to the Tatty Shop on Cockburn road - there is always a queue because it is delicious! All veggie and mostly vegan. The haggis (vegan) is to die for, I am craving it right now, yum!!

Enjoy Edinburgh! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I ate in Café Nom de Plume at the weekend. Central, lovely location and the staff were so friendly. Vegan and vegetarian friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

I would recommend the Nile Valley on Chapel St. Its an african restaurant with a good menu. Although, im not sure if its fully vegan. Would highly recommend this place anyway

Advertisement