Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really good place to eat in dublin

Options
  • 30-09-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, this thread has probably been done before - but I have a really bad headache so I didn't look. :( Sorry.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a restaurant which has a great veggie selection as well as food suitable for a meat eater. Something suitable for a nice evening, wine, romance, all that jazz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

Hi

If you like Italian my favorite is Toscanos on Dame Street. Great range for veggies and meat eaters. Always a hit when we go there. Great value pre-theatre menu. Defo ring to book in advance - place is usually at full capacity @ weekends. The only drawback is if it is someones birthday the waiters turn the lights down and sing happy bday ...... which is fun 1st time but can be annoying if it happens 3 times during your meal.

But the food and service are top notch and the restaurant itself has nice lighting, italian music and a good "feel" to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Sounds good! It would be on a monday, would you recommend booking then?

Although there is no menu online - do they have veggie options beyond pasta and pizza?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jaipur indian restaurant was lovely yesterday, fancy, bring your wallet though

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Whispered wrote: »
    Although there is no menu online - do they have veggie options beyond pasta and pizza?

Menu:http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/city_centre/city_centre_south/toscana_city_centre/menu.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

does it have to be in town??

my favourite indian in Kinara in Clontarf. so nice and theres a guy who stands at the door decked out in an traditional indian outfit. fancy :)

but Indian i think is always the best option for good veg and meat eater food :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

If you are looing for fancy food you could try Anandas Indian restaurant in dundrum town centre. (This is their own website)
    Its a little pricey, but its very nice, with a good selection of veggie and meat dishes and as far as I know, they have wine (although I dont drink, so you should probably make sure).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Salamanca are good, well at least in my opinion - have been going there for years - they do have an extensive vegetarian section.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

I love tapas and had never heard of Salamancas until now. Thanks Cathy - its on my to try list :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

The Chameleon in Temple Bar is so good - it has rijst-tafel food which means loads of small dishes and everything is so delicious. They have one vegetarian menu and the rest are omni. I adore that place! It's not cheap but their early bird is really good. Also the Alpha Zeta wine is delish ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056015408

Might be helpful! I think I'm going to Chameleon, sounds divine! The atmosphere seems perfect for what you're after too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

The Cedar Tree or its sister restaurant, Byblos are great Lebanese restaurants, as is Sinners, if you're into Lebanese food (which you should be :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

L'Ecrivan have a fab vegetarian menu, as well as an amazing regular menu. Of course, that's if you want to go to the expense!

Advertisement