Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paneer in Tesco

Options
  • 29-09-2010 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi

Just a 'heads up' for anyone who's into paneer - I went into town (Dublin) specially the other day to go to Asian Food company to get some, then on the way home went to Tesco in Merrion to get the rest of my shopping. And what did I see there - paneer!

First time I've ever seen it there, don't know will it last, and I don't know if other Tescos have it. It was about €3 for a 300g packet.

Comments

This is epic! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you can get it in indian shops too if anybody wants, also in tins with the sauce and peas, mataar paneer. mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Is this the same stuff you got in tesco Tar or is there another?? where abouts is it, in cheese fridge??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No I got halloumi, very different!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

No I got halloumi, very different!

so...wheres the paneer? didnt see it in artane tesco did you??

• Advertisement

didnt see but then again i wasnt looking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

maameeo wrote: »
    so...wheres the paneer? didnt see it in artane tesco did you??

In the Merrion Tesco it was in the cheese fridge, the part with the halloumi / mascarpone / ricotta / other fancy cheesy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Marks and Spencer have marinated paneer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Tescos store locator tells me that Tesco Merrion is on the Kilmacud Rd. Is this the one you were talking about?

My gut feeling is that the one near St. Vincents hospital would be the one to stock a great Quorn selection and paneer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

You're right, it's the one beside St Vincent's.

I'm not sure what their Quorn selection is like - I've seen a fair few things there while looking for the Tesco own brand vegetarian range (seems to be more or less completely gone :( ) but I can't remember exactly what they have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement