Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How will you be celebrating World Vegetarian Day this year? (Friday 1st October)

Options
  • 28-09-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

How will you be celebrating your day? I haven't quite decided yet :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Are we likely to be kicked out of the UCD Student Centre before midnight, cuz if not I could be celebrating it there :p Otherwise I'll probably be quietly observing it, surrounded by meat eaters, as usual... I may try drag the other half to a veggie restaurant for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

lol! Yeah, the Student Centre shuts at 9pm. Mmmm veggie meal out, very nice :)

I have decided to begin celebrations by wishing my work colleagues a happy vegetarian day at the end on my presentation to the group on Friday. They won't know what hit them!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I was thinking of making some veggie/healthy version of something from http://www.thisiswhyyourefat.com/

I was thinking veggie burger, topped with tofu sausages, tomato, onion, coleslaw, rye bread for buns and maybe wrap the whole thing in lettuce or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Now that I know its this Friday I'm going to cook up a feast to celebrate. Don't know what yet but it will center on the artichokes growing in the garden:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭HelenT

Oh - I just got lots of quorn products in so will get creative! Might invite some of the neighbours in to sample the veggie food. Might not tell them its veggie until after they eat it :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

eating in jaipur (indian restaurant) then going to bill bailey

/ thread (you had me at Jaipur, Bill Bailey sealed the deal :D)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/bow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I reckon I'll pop into this on Saturday

cosmic wrote: »
    I reckon I'll pop into this on Saturday

Anyone else interested in this (Pot Luck in Dublin City Centre)? I've been so busy lately I haven't given it much thought. Would be nice if a group of us were going :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone else interested in this (Pot Luck in Dublin City Centre)? I've been so busy lately I haven't given it much thought. Would be nice if a group of us were going :)
    I might go along yea. I'm not 100% sure atm, might be busy, but will post again later.

Cool :)

I got my days mixed up and went yesterday :P
    Both things were amazing, I've never had the waiter show me the bottle of wine for inspection, then get me to taste it to see if the bottle was ok.:P
    Lovely food, expensive place!

Bill bailey was absolutely amazing and is on tonight if anybody wants to go along to it, there were so many tickets being sold at the door by people last night so you'd prob get one today

Lovely food, expensive place!
    I didn't think it was too bad when I was there last, I got a starter, a main and fancy rice for under €25. Which considering the quality was a bargain in my book! The early bird is very good as well, I think the vegetarian set menu is €20, but it didn't look very vegan unfortunately.

yep it is 20e, it's ok I suppose just the 40e menu etc when I'm used to cheap places and then if you get wine and so on, cheap student value 20e course for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

its today?! :O i didnt realise :/ wish i had some tofu to celebrate now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

ok To celebrate world veggie day I went into McDonald's (*Boo hiss*, I know) and I bought a veggie burger, then I bought another veggie burger, I took the bun off the first one placed the second veggie burger on top and fused it all together with the top bun again.

to my knowledge nothing like this has ever been attempted with a veggie burger. This towering supreme obilisk of vegatable, bread and grease was the ultimate in Vegatarain cullinary expierence. raaaaa

Advertisement